Mcewen at Huntington

Orangecountry

if i am not mistaken, i think this would count as a "Covid win" for Huntingdon, but not a loss for mcewen in the region standings. 

so if both  teams were able to play the rest of the region schedule without any cancellations, and both won out then huntingdon would be 6-0 in the region and mcewen would be 5-0.  this would make huntingdon the 1 seed and mcewen the 2 seed. 

4 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

if i am not mistaken, i think this would count as a "Covid win" for Huntingdon, but not a loss for mcewen in the region standings. 

so if both  teams were able to play the rest of the region schedule without any cancellations, and both won out then huntingdon would be 6-0 in the region and mcewen would be 5-0.  this would make huntingdon the 1 seed and mcewen the 2 seed. 

Wrong it counts as a L for the Warriors 

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Wrong it counts as a L for the Warriors 

Cancellation of Contests due to COVID 19 Games cancelled due to COVID 19 shall be treated as follows:

Football - TSSAA Regulations require teams to play a district/region schedule for playoff purposes. Regular season standings and the building of postseason brackets are done by TSSAA staff which creates the need for consistency on how cancellations are handled. Therefore, the following procedures are in place when a team is unable to play due to a COVID 19 outbreak or school system mandate.

1. Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that could have played will receive a region win and overall win in the standings if the school can not replace the game with a new opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to occur. If the school that could have played does replace the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.

2. Non Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that could have played will receive a win in the overall standings if the game is not replaced. If the school that could play does replace the game with another opponent, the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.

42 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Covid games only count as a win for healthy team. It doesn’t count as a loss for the team that can’t play. 

41 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

Cancellation of Contests due to COVID 19 Games cancelled due to COVID 19 shall be treated as follows:

Football - TSSAA Regulations require teams to play a district/region schedule for playoff purposes. Regular season standings and the building of postseason brackets are done by TSSAA staff which creates the need for consistency on how cancellations are handled. Therefore, the following procedures are in place when a team is unable to play due to a COVID 19 outbreak or school system mandate.

1. Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that could have played will receive a region win and overall win in the standings if the school can not replace the game with a new opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to occur. If the school that could have played does replace the game with another opponent on the same week it was originally scheduled to occur, the school receives a Region win in the standings and the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.

2. Non Region Game- The game will go on record as a no contest for the school that is unable to play due to the outbreak or school system mandate. The school that could have played will receive a win in the overall standings if the game is not replaced. If the school that could play does replace the game with another opponent, the outcome of the game will be used in the overall standings.

Where does it say that. I have read that if it’s a none Region game the team that COULDN'T will Not receive a L but if it’s a Regional game the team that Couldn’t play Will receive a L for seeding purposes. 

I might be wrong guys but I could have sworn I read that. My Apologies if I’m wrong.