Playoffs?

chs1984

9 hours ago, chs1984 said:

You’re right. They can dig up that dirt, open that coffin and let my neighbor out. He’s not really dead because there is no such thing as COVID!

Most likely died with it not because of it. And if he did die because of it he had health issues or was old. It's less deadly than the flu or pneumonia.  It a political pawn sheep

10 hours ago, MSURacer said:

It would take a massive outbreak among many teams for them to cancel the playoffs. That is within the realm of possibility and I don't think that can be overstated, but if it ends up just being an isolated incident or two, they'll probably just issue a forfeit and have the other team advance.

I simply don't see them missing that money unless they are forced to.   

Good points!

41 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

He was both: Old and other conditions. But, it was the COVID that finished him off. 

I agree. Its real. And I feel for anyone who has lost a loved 1. If on even a 1% chance the covid is being used by either side for political reasons I really hate it for this years seniors. 

18 hours ago, chs1984 said:

I know that there is no official answer to this, so I am just thinking out loud, but how are we going to have legitimate playoffs this year, given the situation with the virus? Say that, God forbid, Maryville has to shut it down in the middle of the playoffs due to the virus. Would the team that survived to win Game 15 have any legitimate claim to the title at all? Would it be best to not even attempt to have playoffs this year? 

Do like Bama. Nobody catches the virus. No players miss.

11 hours ago, District12AA said:

Congratulations, this is the dumbest thing I have read all day.

People like you are why we are in the predicament we are in. 

Our President is on record saying how dangerous the virus is and how he didn’t want to create panic.

You can’t be that dumb. BTW before you label me a liberal snowflake, I voted for Trump in 2016 and I will again in 2020.

Fauci said he lied about masks because he didn’t want to create a panick to buy masks. Guess it is Ok for him to do it and not Trump.

7 hours ago, Bump11 said:

can we not turn this into politics? why the heck does every single thing anyone talks about have to turn into politics. keep these threads clear of that crap, that’s not what they’re for

We didn't turn sports into politics, politics turned into sports. In case you haven't noticed we have politicians telling us if we can even have sports now. Justified or not, now that they see they have that power they'll never let it go. 

It’s my understanding of the playoff situation that if your team has to shut down for two weeks due to covid, it’s just unfortunate timing and that’s just how it goes but yes you would be eliminated. That’s the official answer. It’s my personal opinion that in reality, we just won’t see teams announcing they have covid cases. I predict kids will be quietly encouraged to stay home if they are ill and that’s it. That may be a dim view of humanity, I just don’t really see Maryville, Alcoa or any other team for that matter saying “hey y’all sorry we’re gonna have to dropout of the quarterfinal contest. We got three boys with covid.” That’s not a knock or any disrespect towards any team, I think that’s pretty much everyone. I think they would just have their sick kids stay home and try to not have to make an official thing out of it. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

COVID is a thing but then again so is the seasonal flu.  More people die from the flu than those that die from COVID.  100% Fact!  

Heck for that matter here in Tennessee I'd guess that more teenagers have died from automobile accidents than COVID has claimed this year.  

COVID  is a thing.  I'm not turning this into a political post however you can't act like it's something and then turn around and ignore other scenarios.  

Just because you type "100% Fact!" doesn't make it a fact.  Your "fact" isn't true.  

31 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

It’s my understanding of the playoff situation that if your team has to shut down for two weeks due to covid, it’s just unfortunate timing and that’s just how it goes but yes you would be eliminated. That’s the official answer. It’s my personal opinion that in reality, we just won’t see teams announcing they have covid cases. I predict kids will be quietly encouraged to stay home if they are ill and that’s it. That may be a dim view of humanity, I just don’t really see Maryville, Alcoa or any other team for that matter saying “hey y’all sorry we’re gonna have to dropout of the quarterfinal contest. We got three boys with covid.” That’s not a knock or any disrespect towards any team, I think that’s pretty much everyone. I think they would just have their sick kids stay home and try to not have to make an official thing out of it. 

Sounds right. 

17 minutes ago, guthook said:

Just because you type "100% Fact!" doesn't make it a fact.  Your "fact" isn't true.  

Technically you are correct but not by more than 500 to 1000 deaths.  There are years on record where the flu has killed more though.

Current death rate attributed to Covid 2129.

At the current number which will likely rise, it would be somewhere between 5th and 7th leading cause of death this year in TN.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/tennessee/tennessee.htm

Edited by BigStickDiplomacy