Springfield @ Marshall Co.

Kevin38

6 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I came across this gem on YouTube today, I myself was a sophomore on this team, some great players in this video!

Thanks to Jim Sorrells at Greenbrier for uploading some of those old Greenbrier films. I love the 1999 Greenbrier vs Springfield game when my team drubbed those Yellow Jackets. I was a Senior on Greenbrier’s team. That was some fun times! Poor Bobcats football, they have been down for several years. Springfield is on quite the ride right now! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Thanks to Jim Sorrells at Greenbrier for uploading some of those old Greenbrier films. I love the 1999 Greenbrier vs Springfield game when my team drubbed those Yellow Jackets. I was a Senior on Greenbrier’s team. That was some fun times! Poor Bobcats football, they have been down for several years. Springfield is on quite the ride right now! 

The Greenbrier films from 2002-2005 that you can watch are good stuff.  Greenbrier was such a power in 3A during those years.  Roger Herndon was one tough high school football player.  

As for this game it's 100% a "measuring stick" type of game.  Marshall County clobbered Springfield last year and that made Springfield better and they got better in the second half of the season and made it to Cookeville.  Both of these teams will make deep playoff runs in Class 4A come November.  Both are well-coached and very talented.  It may be the "Game of the Week" in the midstate area tonight.  

• Like 1

I’m not going to predict a score but rather give a spread. Yellow Jackets +6.....this game to me could go either way just because it’s hard to gage Springfield right now because of subpar opponents. In no way would I let the big time blow out  for Marshall county against Tullahoma effect what you think about them. They’re a good, well coached ball team that will put points on the board. Going to be a great game tonight 

5 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I’m not going to predict a score but rather give a spread. Yellow Jackets +6.....this game to me could go either way just because it’s hard to gage Springfield right now because of subpar opponents. In no way would I let the big time blow out  for Marshall county against Tullahoma effect what you think about them. They’re a good, well coached ball team that will put points on the board. Going to be a great game tonight 

+6 as in favored or +6 as in that's what you're giving them?