South Pittsburg Needs Games Sept 25 and Oct 2

SPHS09

9 hours ago, Southeast2 said:

Christ school in asheville would be a good match-up for South pitt schedule shows theyre off the 2nd. Private schools in nc are playing football

Isn't that the team that Heath Shuler's son is the QB? If so, that team is great. They came to Murphy last year and took it to them.

4 minutes ago, gemofthehills said:

Why should everyone travel to S Pittsburgh if SP isnt willing to pay some of the travel expenses?

South Pitt has only had one home game and that was moved to a thursday because of rain. I am sure they are like most schools and need money to run the program. I’m sure they would consider in providing some travel expense. They have had two home games cancelled in a row. 

Piedmont is in the same boat.  Only one home game and most likely one of the two remaining will forfeit.  Home game to Piedmont is probably in the $25,000 each. 

Did get the coach info, maybe both will get desperate and make a deal.  Would be a fun game between similiar size schools who win.  Piedmont has around 250 in the high school and I think a saw a post SP has 270s.

24 minutes ago, gemofthehills said:

Piedmont is in the same boat.  Only one home game and most likely one of the two remaining will forfeit.  Home game to Piedmont is probably in the $25,000 each. 

Did get the coach info, maybe both will get desperate and make a deal.  Would be a fun game between similiar size schools who win.  Piedmont has around 250 in the high school and I think a saw a post SP has 270s.

You guys are looking for game this week and not next week I think. SP lost out on a 30k gate against Jasper and probably a 15-20k gate against Red Bank. We feel your pain. I’ve been living in south Pittsburg my whole life and never have experienced a year like this with cancellations etc..Piedmont has more students in high school than SP. SP is a 7-12 school

Edited by Pirate1999

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’d like to see us play for the first time in over a year. I am thinking about going on a road trip this week to watch a game. I’d like to watch one of our opponents though. Who is best in west? Has anyone seen Gordy play? Maybe just stick to a local game as well. 

Gordy and coalfield game is possibly two of the opponents that you would have to beat to get to Cookeville 

Edited by Pirate1999

18 minutes ago, The1AOverseer said:

I was planning on going to Copper Pan to see them play Whitwell this Friday but that got cancelled and I haven't heard anything about them playing Friday so I will be making my way to Coalfield Friday to hopefully see a good game.

The Coalfield  and Gordy game should be a good one! I was going to go to it but the Cougars are playing on Friday now, was hoping the Cougars would play on Saturday!