South Pittsburg Needs Games Sept 25 and Oct 2

SPHS09

8 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Listen, bottom line is it’s too expensive to travel right now.  It just is.  People don’t realize I’m sure it’s just as expensive to play at home. There is still a pregame meal.  Sometimes that is donated sometimes it is not.  There is also paint for the field for the Power P logo and the lines on the field.  There is a cost for routine maintenance in and around the stadium to keep it looking good.  From my understanding Fyffe was the only game scheduled that fell through.  Mt Pleasant was also a “possibility”, but they wanted travel expenses paid for.  Also, they wanted to play in the middle of the day on Saturday.  Anyone know what starts up this weekend?? SEC Football.  A lot of folks wouldn’t even come to the game probably except season ticket holders and gate pass holders.  That profit is probably already spent on the 3 away games, with only 1 home game.  We need a home game, but it’s not gonna happen unless the other team can afford to travel on their own expense.  This week and probably next week aren’t happening, end of story.  Only option next week MIGHT be Kingston, but I bet they won’t travel either.  So forget all this splitting the gate, or taking donations just to play this Friday or next.  If you want to donate, then donate, but don’t expect it to cover anything but what is already lost.  

Great points.

8 hours ago, team69 said:

I watched a team practice today up here in Montana they were right across the road where were staying. (Glacier HS) and looks about 4 times bigger than SP. Their bleachers at their stadium looks like it would hold about 20 people. Makes GB look like Neyland:lol:, Boys, as bad as it seems most of the programs represented here on the T are lucky to get what we get.

LOL.

11 hours ago, team69 said:

I watched a team practice today up here in Montana they were right across the road where were staying. (Glacier HS) and looks about 4 times bigger than SP. Their bleachers at their stadium looks like it would hold about 20 people. Makes GB look like Neyland:lol:, Boys, as bad as it seems most of the programs represented here on the T are lucky to get what we get.

Montana? Are you up there with Roy on his goat? Obviously, he doesn’t even have a cell phone anymore because he hasn’t called or text me since I got back. 

12 hours ago, powerp said:

That's a very nice gesture I am sure Coach Grider would appreciate.

Just saying. If 400 people will donate $100 to the qb club for a chance to win A prize this week then what’s the big deal of asking for donations??  When it comes down to a pure donation people get greedy but if it’s a chance for them to win something then heck yea do it. Look at all the money people waste on the lottery weekly.  

22 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Just saying. If 400 people will donate $100 to the qb club for a chance to win A prize this week then what’s the big deal of asking for donations??  When it comes down to a pure donation people get greedy but if it’s a chance for them to win something then heck yea do it. Look at all the money people waste on the lottery weekly.  

Give it up. SP not playing this week. Move on...

1 minute ago, Pirate1999 said:

Give it up. SP not playing this week. Move on...

Of course they aren’t playing this week. It’s Thursday.  Maybe next week but who knows. We could role into the playoffs being 5-0 6-0.  These boys need to play ball games or just cancel the season until the election is over reguardless. 

3 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Of course they aren’t playing this week. It’s Thursday.  Maybe next week but who knows. We could role into the playoffs being 5-0 6-0.  These boys need to play ball games or just cancel the season until the election is over reguardless. 

Got to find somebody to play you first.... just be glad we didn’t have George Walton academy from Georgia coming here which was a possibility.... they just cancelled on copper basin according to their head coaches social media because of covid. Crazy times!

Edited by Pirate1999