South Pittsburg Needs Games Sept 25 and Oct 2

SPHS09

7 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I believe Basin is still looking for a game next week... But if we move the pirates up we will lose a game and that doesn’t need to happen, I’d rather keep the Pirates week 10!

Understand, but it may be easier to play each other next week and have longer to fill the void in that final week.

6 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I know we need revenue but just curious. Is it an option for us to travel and work out a percentage agreement for the gate. I know our fans travel really well.  

Also heard Madison academy was off next week not sure if its a scheduled bye or covid off date.  

We need a home game. We're out almost 40K losing Jasper and Red Bank.

10 minutes ago, powerp said:

We need a home game. We're out almost 40K losing Jasper and Red Bank.

I completely understand that.  But travel and working out a deal with the home team could bring some revenue vs $0 without a game.     And yes buses would cost and that would factor in but if a team would be willing to split the gate or something similar it could be worth it.   Would all depend on the game. Could be worth it versus not making any money at all.

Just a thought I would completely understand why it wouldn't work also 

Edited by oneyewilly

23 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I completely understand that.  But travel and working out a deal with the home team could bring some revenue vs $0 without a game.     And yes buses would cost and that would factor in but if a team would be willing to split the gate or something similar it could be worth it.   Would all depend on the game. Could be worth it versus not making any money at all.

Just a thought I would completely understand why it wouldn't work also 

It makes sense, but then you have people like sportman mentioned, those that bought a season pass and so far have only seen Grundy County. Another home game helps them to get their money's worth. The way this year has been that's a risk that you take (my wife and son bought the passes as well and didn't even make it to Grundy) buying in advance. But it was also a guarantee to get in during limited crowd events. 

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

4 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

It makes sense, but then you have people like sportman mentioned, those that bought a season pass and so far have only seen Grundy County. Another home game helps them to get their money's worth. The way this year has been that's a risk that you take (my wife and son bought the passes as well and didn't even make it to Grundy) buying in advance. But it was also a guarantee to get in during limited crowd events. 

I see that and understand completely. I bought a season pass as well and wasn't able to make the grundy game but on the same hand I know the kids need a game and know that any revenue at this point would be good for the program even if it means traveling and splitting the gate ( if that would even be an option )   I think most fans would understand and would still travel to see us play.  

• Like 1

I think some of the other teams in the bigger classifications look at it as a no win situation. If a little 1a team beats them what does that say. I mean I'm sure some teams take that into consideration.  We just need a game we can be competitive in. If we play a bigger team that hurts us and we can't compete, then we've shot ourselves in the foot.  I know we can play with some of those big boy's. 

13 minutes ago, sportman said:

I think some of the other teams in the bigger classifications look at it as a no win situation. If a little 1a team beats them what does that say. I mean I'm sure some teams take that into consideration.  We just need a game we can be competitive in. If we play a bigger team that hurts us and we can't compete, then we've shot ourselves in the foot.  I know we can play with some of those big boy's. 

I totally agree a lot of bigger schools do not benefit if they play us.  However I do believe we need a team that will hit us in the mouth. This season we have just been going through the motions we haven't had a team punch back.  I think we could compete with a lot of bigger schools maybe not all im not being unrealistic but as far as a bigger team hurting us.....an injury could occur at any time and any game. 

13 hours ago, SPHS09 said:

South Pittsburg is in need of home games on September 25 and October 2. 

13 hours ago, Pirate1999 said:

I was told Coach Waggoner called Lebanon today to see if they were interested and Lebanon had not returned his call as of this afternoon. Our boys need a game against someone. 

What about Boyd Buchanan?   Are they an option at all or not?

@reaction