The South Pittsburg Pirates Scheduling in 2021

OLD PIRATE

11 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Let old PP68 learn you a thang or two. NJ quit playing us. We handed them their first loss in school history when they came to Jasper and Pumpy Tudors steamrolled them. The following year we hung their first loss at home on them. We had an All State qb that was on kickoffs and just so happened that a NJ kid that never played picked a fight with him and he got tossed before playing a snap. We put in a 2nd string qb and won that one I believe 30-28. (That 2nd string qb led us to a state title a couple years later though.) They had no interest in playing anymore. Would they play now?? I don't know.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Tudors played in 86.

Just now, Pirate1999 said:

SP not playing this week. It was announced to our kids yesterday. They will try and find a game next Friday. BGA cancelled yesterday afternoon on McCallie for covid reasons. 

I knew after Tuesday it was too late in the week to accept a game due to practices.  What’s gonna happen during playoffs when a team has to quarantine?

10 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Oh, and most sp folks expected mc to play after no practice for two weeks?  How interesting.   

Well after tuesday that would mean only 2 days of practice unless you would play on a Saturday and Saturday being first day of SEC football you know that isn’t going to happen. There was plenty of chances to reschedule that game but I don’t blame them. Who wants to see a beat down like that anyways year after year

29 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Oh, and most sp folks expected mc to play after no practice for two weeks?  How interesting.   

Jasper practiced 4 days for sp 2 weeks ago and could have practiced 3 days this week with the walk through on Saturday morning. Thats 7 full days of practice to prepare for one team..... How interesting 

Just now, oneyewilly said:

Jasper practiced 4 days for sp 2 weeks ago and could have practiced 3 days this week with the walk through on Saturday morning. Thats 7 full days of practice to prepare for one team..... How interesting 

You left out the 2 weeks of no practice....how interesting 

Edited by Football54

Just now, team69 said:

Yall practice on Friday,Sat,Sunday? If not thats just 6 days of practice right...if my math is right. 

Teams really practice Monday-Wednesday each week if we’re being honest. IMO the Marion and SP game should have happened this Saturday, but it didn’t. If our friends at Marion had the upper hand they would have played it. It is what it is. LMBO