Trousdale @ East Robertson

tcjacket13

Groves has been offered by about every big school in the country. All but Alabama and Georgia in the SEC and is getting offered as a WR but could be a deadly safety as well. He doesn't dog it at all out there on the field. I know him personally and watch each one of his games. His brother moved to QB to be able to move the pocket and get the ball to Taylor or scramble because the offensive line has been a major issue. Taylor is the best athlete in the state believe me. He has over 25 FBS offers already and it's growing each week. He has some of the best ball skills you will find and amazing high pointing of the ball. I think the reason some of you may say he is dogging it is because he is 6'3'' 195 lb #1 outside receiver with huge strides and not a quick twitch slot receiver that East really needs because they are so bad on the Offensive Line. Every team I have seen this year has played the CB up tight with safety directly over top and LB cheated out to bracket Taylor and allow the defense to penetrate before Taylor can even attempt to be open. He still scores on so many levels. He has returned a lot of punts for TDs, INTs TDs, Rushing TDS,  and honestly has to make something happen on a short pass to score because until they switched his brother to QB they couldn't get it down the field to Taylor at all. The line was allowing the rush so fast it didn't matter. His brother has given them an ability to scramble and move the pocket to get the ball up the field a lot more.  Taylor Groves has NFL potential with his measurables and natural ball skills. He ran a 4.38 at his 7v7 team, NPA. He has a 32'' vertical leap at 6'3'' and his wing span makes him seem 6'7''. Colleges have been drooling over his ability since 8th grade and there is nothing not to love about Taylors upside. If he played for a traditional power like Oakland, Maryville or the likes he would be a top 20 player in the country. He was #67 in class of 2022 but dropped during the coronavirus break because he didn't attend a hyped up regional Under Armor Invitation Camp. His parents both had to work so he wasn't able to make it at the last minute and it upset the UA director. A few weeks later he goes from the #67 overall prospect in the country for 2022 down to around #212 just because of influence from the UA director of operations. Didn't have any camps or games that would have dropped him either so you can see what type of player is really considered across the country. I hate it that he isn't winning at a high level in high school though because the kid is such a phenomenal kid to be honest. He wants to win like no other kid I have been around and is a phenomenal kid with his head on his shoulders. Good grades, great attitude, and great family surrounding him. He doesn't dog anything on the field is what I wanted to really get across. He is an extreme competitor and that is why he stayed at East because he takes it as a challenge to help bring them back to where they have been before in the early 90s. He also is very loyal to his teammates and doesn't want to leave them even though all the privates have been asking him to come since 8th grade! The kid has it ALL and is the real DEAL!!

His brother Shaun will get your attention extremely fast guys. He is probably a better athlete than Taylor but isn't long like Taylor. Where Taylor will not be caught in open field bc of his strides and probably lacks a little in quick twitch cutting ability; his brother Shaun excels. Shaun is lightning quick and has been getting interest from SEC school as well as many others. He will play slot or cb at the next level and is one year younger than Taylor. Shaun has a great first step with tons of explosion and can change directions on a dime being back at full speed at an instant. Both of the Groves are lean body types with Taylor filling out the older he gets and will probably finish around 215 lbs before entering college. Shaun is. shorter and lean but he seems to be filling out as well with focus on his lower body explosion.

Here is the deal. Both of these kids will play high level D1 football in college but there are quite a few deficiencies on their team that makes it difficult to overcome. In high school football you can shut great ball players down somewhat if that is all the team you are playing against has or like East has two kids that can really get after it as long as you are coached well and discipline like Trousdale or Watertown. Kids at their positions can be locked up by really pressing the issue and forcing others to beat you. The offensive line at this level makes a larger difference than what a WR or even QB makes most of the time and this is a perfect example of that right here. So that is why you saw Taylor getting carries at RB and that is because they just want him to get the ball to allow things to happen. He shouldn't be playing RB in my opinion. They are risking him getting injured because his body type is not of a running back and his strengths aren't shown putting him at RB because like I said he is a ball hawk #1 WR or Roaming FS with huge strides not quick first step bursts with crazy start stop cutting ability. 

Sorry for the long post but I am that high on both of these kids when I watch them play. We aren't family but I have gotten to know them over the years and they jump off the screen at you!

3 hours ago, LocoLupe said:

Groves has been offered by about every big school in the country. All but Alabama and Georgia in the SEC and is getting offered as a WR but could be a deadly safety as well. He doesn't dog it at all out there on the field. I know him personally and watch each one of his games. His brother moved to QB to be able to move the pocket and get the ball to Taylor or scramble because the offensive line has been a major issue. Taylor is the best athlete in the state believe me. He has over 25 FBS offers already and it's growing each week. He has some of the best ball skills you will find and amazing high pointing of the ball. I think the reason some of you may say he is dogging it is because he is 6'3'' 195 lb #1 outside receiver with huge strides and not a quick twitch slot receiver that East really needs because they are so bad on the Offensive Line. Every team I have seen this year has played the CB up tight with safety directly over top and LB cheated out to bracket Taylor and allow the defense to penetrate before Taylor can even attempt to be open. He still scores on so many levels. He has returned a lot of punts for TDs, INTs TDs, Rushing TDS,  and honestly has to make something happen on a short pass to score because until they switched his brother to QB they couldn't get it down the field to Taylor at all. The line was allowing the rush so fast it didn't matter. His brother has given them an ability to scramble and move the pocket to get the ball up the field a lot more.  Taylor Groves has NFL potential with his measurables and natural ball skills. He ran a 4.38 at his 7v7 team, NPA. He has a 32'' vertical leap at 6'3'' and his wing span makes him seem 6'7''. Colleges have been drooling over his ability since 8th grade and there is nothing not to love about Taylors upside. If he played for a traditional power like Oakland, Maryville or the likes he would be a top 20 player in the country. He was #67 in class of 2022 but dropped during the coronavirus break because he didn't attend a hyped up regional Under Armor Invitation Camp. His parents both had to work so he wasn't able to make it at the last minute and it upset the UA director. A few weeks later he goes from the #67 overall prospect in the country for 2022 down to around #212 just because of influence from the UA director of operations. Didn't have any camps or games that would have dropped him either so you can see what type of player is really considered across the country. I hate it that he isn't winning at a high level in high school though because the kid is such a phenomenal kid to be honest. He wants to win like no other kid I have been around and is a phenomenal kid with his head on his shoulders. Good grades, great attitude, and great family surrounding him. He doesn't dog anything on the field is what I wanted to really get across. He is an extreme competitor and that is why he stayed at East because he takes it as a challenge to help bring them back to where they have been before in the early 90s. He also is very loyal to his teammates and doesn't want to leave them even though all the privates have been asking him to come since 8th grade! The kid has it ALL and is the real DEAL!!

His brother Shaun will get your attention extremely fast guys. He is probably a better athlete than Taylor but isn't long like Taylor. Where Taylor will not be caught in open field bc of his strides and probably lacks a little in quick twitch cutting ability; his brother Shaun excels. Shaun is lightning quick and has been getting interest from SEC school as well as many others. He will play slot or cb at the next level and is one year younger than Taylor. Shaun has a great first step with tons of explosion and can change directions on a dime being back at full speed at an instant. Both of the Groves are lean body types with Taylor filling out the older he gets and will probably finish around 215 lbs before entering college. Shaun is. shorter and lean but he seems to be filling out as well with focus on his lower body explosion.

Here is the deal. Both of these kids will play high level D1 football in college but there are quite a few deficiencies on their team that makes it difficult to overcome. In high school football you can shut great ball players down somewhat if that is all the team you are playing against has or like East has two kids that can really get after it as long as you are coached well and discipline like Trousdale or Watertown. Kids at their positions can be locked up by really pressing the issue and forcing others to beat you. The offensive line at this level makes a larger difference than what a WR or even QB makes most of the time and this is a perfect example of that right here. So that is why you saw Taylor getting carries at RB and that is because they just want him to get the ball to allow things to happen. He shouldn't be playing RB in my opinion. They are risking him getting injured because his body type is not of a running back and his strengths aren't shown putting him at RB because like I said he is a ball hawk #1 WR or Roaming FS with huge strides not quick first step bursts with crazy start stop cutting ability. 

Sorry for the long post but I am that high on both of these kids when I watch them play. We aren't family but I have gotten to know them over the years and they jump off the screen at you!

☝️ Gotta give the kid props..this is what I've been wondering. Love the loyalty, although I think he'd be better served playing for a more competitive team(private or public) to reinforce a winning mindset, get topline coaching and teach how to handle success before college(assuming he doesn't attend Vandy lol). Regardless, sounds like the kid has a bright future and this JFL wishes him success

Good insight btw 

I think most posters have given the Groves kid props! I know last year he had gave the Jacket's fits in the first half before they made some adjustments. No doubt he is on their radar this year and the focus will be on making others beat them. I hope he stays healthy and excels both on an off the field.