Trousdale @ East Robertson

tcjacket13

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Groves is overrated and gives about 40% effort on about half the plays. Trousdale 35-6 

I disagree with the first part but 100% agree with the second.  That’s why I said athlete, not football player.  He’s a really gifted athlete.  You’d be hard pressed to find a better athlete around here.  But to your point, we’ve all seen better play out of lesser talent.

1 hour ago, MOTO24 said:

I disagree with the first part but 100% agree with the second.  That’s why I said athlete, not football player.  He’s a really gifted athlete.  You’d be hard pressed to find a better athlete around here.  But to your point, we’ve all seen better play out of lesser talent.

Why do you think this is the case ?  Does he not want a scholarship ?   I watched him against forrest last year I didn’t see anything special. I didn’t really understand why he was being recruited. 

12 hours ago, TCRadio said:

This game could be a trap for the jackets, coming off a hard fought rivalry game, going on the road to a team that is in a must win situation with arguably the best player in the area in Taylor Groves, thoughts? 

Taylor Groves is a talented young man. It’s just unfortunate that he’s really about all E. Robby has and all they have had for a few years. I just wonder how good he could be if he had other players around to challenge him. TC takes this one in laugher if all things are as the should be. 

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Why do you think this is the case?  Does he not want a scholarship ?   I watched him against forrest last year I didn’t see anything special. I didn’t really understand why he was being recruited. 

He is a very good player just not on a good team. He out up over 100 yards in one half against TC last year. He doesn't have someone that can get him the ball let's just put it that way.

The stat line from last week mentioned Groves had 11 carries for some big yardage and scores. I know he played WR last year but have they moved him to RB or is it just dependent on the situation? If the kid is truly all they have, I dont blame them on moving him to RB. Get the ball into your playmaker's hands they easiest way possible. 

Also, is he a Jr or Sr. this year?