Week 8 -- D-B at Farragut (Region 1-6A battle for first)

TribalEmpire

Well here we are... Farragut dispatched of that team from Johnson City and the Tribe took care of business (finally) against Jeff County.  Huge game in K-Town.

The first half D-B team from tonight gets blown out.  The second half D-B team from tonight wins the game.  Problem is, which one shows up?

Looking forward to this one.  Hope I can score some tickets and make the trip down.  Roll Tribe!

Discuss!

That's pretty well put SWVA.Tonight was one of those first halfs that sometimes lead to an upset.Farragut has played " the Team " already and the speed of the game will be to their advantage.DB has to play much smarter and every player needs to understand that one simple mistake can coast your team a game.

7 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

That's pretty well put SWVA.Tonight was one of those first halfs that sometimes lead to an upset.Farragut has played " the Team " already and the speed of the game will be to their advantage.DB has to play much smarter and every player needs to understand that one simple mistake can coast your team a game.

Lets face it, these "mistakes" are not going to get fixed. The fundamentals are taught in the little leagues and middle school. The majority of DB's team are seniors. If they haven't learned the fundamentals by now it ain't gonna' happen. When you're a senior playing varsity football there's way to much to prepare for during practice week so the coaches can't waste time teaching players the rules of the game. 

With this team you never know what you're going to get. That first half the blocking was lazy and the backs got what they got on their own, Whitson was running for his life, and the play calling was poor. It was the same team that came out after the half. You know the saying, "it was a different team in the second half". No, it was the same guys. They just decided all of the sudden they would start playing. On that 60yd. TD run by Tesnear in the third quarter you couldn't ask for better blocking. And it was all the way to the goal line. I don't think Tesnear got touched. Whitson had time to find his receivers and he blew it up. Whitson by the way always shows up ready to play 100%. The rest need to follow his lead. Marshall had a huge game. I bet he draws double coverage from Farragut. Does anybody know why Gillespie rarely sees the field? He touched the ball twice last night. Once for a 13 yrd. gain and once for a 22 yrd. touchdown. Are they saving him for a special occasion or something? I just don't get it.

DB OPPONENTS:
(4-3) Oak Ridge
(4-2) Tenn High
(1-4) Bearden
(0-7) Hardin Valley
(0-7) Jefferson County

FARRAGUT OPPONENTS:
(6-0) Knox West
(6-0) Maryville
(5-1) Bradley Central
(4-3) Oak Ridge
(4-2) Science Hill
(2-3) Morristown West

Not saying that DB has had a total cakewalk schedule thus far, but....    well, you make the call

• Upvote 1

DB OPPONENTS:
(4-3) Oak Ridge
(4-2) Tenn High
(1-4) Bearden
(0-7) Hardin Valley
(0-7) Jefferson County

FARRAGUT OPPONENTS:
(6-0) Knox West
(6-0) Maryville
(5-1) Bradley Central
(4-3) Oak Ridge
(4-2) Science Hill
(2-3) Morristown West

Not saying that DB has had a total cakewalk schedule thus far, but....    well, you make the call

• Like 1

I am gonna take db just because i dont have it in my heart to pick against them lol. Farragut has got me real nervous. Like blazer said, Farragut has played some competition that DB hasnt. Both teams with a winning record we played were TN high and Oak Ridge so lets be honest... Not impressive. Should be a good battle with hopefully the Tribe prevailing

I'm loving this for Db the challenge has arrived, no need Db fans to be nervous this is the spotlight to start getting serious recognition this season. Last night Oakland put the whole state of tn on notice, no matter private or public they showed who is the best team in tn, and basically said last night the road goes thru Oakland and nobody is coming to our house and stopping us from getting to cookeville. 

Farragut is good but Db needs a 28pts+ dominant showing win to be considered top 5 in tn, lord willing come Friday I think Db starts showing what they really capable of 

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB OPPONENTS:
(4-3) Oak Ridge
(4-2) Tenn High
(1-4) Bearden
(0-7) Hardin Valley
(0-7) Jefferson County

FARRAGUT OPPONENTS:
(6-0) Knox West
(6-0) Maryville
(5-1) Bradley Central
(4-3) Oak Ridge
(4-2) Science Hill
(2-3) Morristown West

Ha,not long ago you said that tough Farragut schedule with DB being the third straight tough game would be to DB's advantage.It's Farragut's unless they have several key injuries.I could probably coach a win over one or two of those teams with a stick and box of sand.

Edited by BatmanDB

15 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Ha,not long ago you said that tough Farragut schedule with DB being the third straight tough game would be to DB's advantage.It's Farragut's unless they have several key injuries.I could probably coach a win over one or two of those teams with a stick and box of sand.

Lol...Stick and a Box of Sand, Classic.