Gordonsville at Fayetteville

croz6110

Haven’t seen Gordonsville in person but have seen film and even with City being without some guys I don’t see the advantage and given this game is at City it SHOULD be over by the 3rd. But then again City had a big advantage over Cornersville and well “City gone be City“. City has some dudes across the board and all jokes aside if they had a better system In place they would have these guys competing yr in a yr out for 1a titles 

Edited by BBRaider

7 hours ago, BBRaider said:

Haven’t seen Gordonsville in person but have seen film and even with City being without some guys I don’t see the advantage and given this game is at City it SHOULD be over by the 3rd. But then again City had a big advantage over Cornersville and well “City gone be City“. City has some dudes across the board and all jokes aside if they had a better system In place they would have these guys competing yr in a yr out for 1a titles 

Is this a joke?

Gordonsville beat a really good Clay Co team 20-0. Their only 2 losses are to top 10 2A schools by 1 score. They blew out everyone else they have played. Everyone but you thinks they are a top team in 1A. To say they don’t have an advantage over a City team who will be missing 5 defensive starters who also have accounted for about 10 offensive touchdowns this year and 1 is their punter is only something someone who knows nothing about football would say. If you were at the Cornersville game where we lost all these guys after 1 of them got body slammed after they play was over, you know we went from dominating to barely being able to hold on. Since the majority of your posts are saying something negative about City, I assume you are just trying to say there is no way they should lose just so you can rip them if they do.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Is this a joke?

Gordonsville beat a really good Clay Co team 20-0. Their only 2 losses are to top 10 2A schools by 1 score. They blew out everyone else they have played. Everyone but you thinks they are a top team in 1A. To say they don’t have an advantage over a City team who will be missing 5 defensive starters who also have accounted for about 10 offensive touchdowns this year and 1 is their punter is only something someone who knows nothing about football would say. If you were at the Cornersville game where we lost all these guys after 1 of them got body slammed after they play was over, you know we went from dominating to barely being able to hold on. Since the majority of your posts are saying something negative about City, I assume you are just trying to say there is no way they should lose just so you can rip them if they do.

1st. Why we so sensitive?

2nd. I seen the City/Cornersville game the only player that really effected the game that was thrown out was the Punter. Don’t get me wrong #7 is a dude but #3 is darn good himself. The backup punter couldn’t kick it 15yds if City was able to punt the ball past The 50 no way Cornersville is able to move it fast enough to make a game. City’s play calling became very vanilla allowing Cornersville to stack the box and set the edge but yet it still had a miss match every play outside against #84 50/50 balls are essentially 90/10 ball against him. MC took advantage of that but for some reason City didn’t. Like I said those boys deserve a better system!

Edited by BBRaider

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

They have several excellent choices on eateries.  

And we have a new one that just opened last week.  Whiskey Creek Grille.  933 Winchester Hwy.  It is too new for me to try them out yet--but comments on their Facebook page are all very positive.  Good burgers and such.  They open at 3, kitchen opens at 4, and they stay open late til around 12.  Basically the only thing open that late in our small town.  Perfect for after the game also! I will find out how late the kitchen stays open on Fridays for next week and will update.  And it is right there as you come into town.  Google map it when you Gordonsville fans plan your trip;  it's on the left as you go through the red light from 64 to Thornton Taylor Pkwy.  Then it's easy back to T T Pkwy and on to the school.  

On 10/7/2020 at 8:16 AM, BBRaider said:

1st. Why we so sensitive?

2nd. I seen the City/Cornersville game the only player that really effected the game that was thrown out was the Punter. Don’t get me wrong #7 is a dude but #3 is darn good himself. The backup punter couldn’t kick it 15yds if City was able to punt the ball past The 50 no way Cornersville is able to move it fast enough to make a game. City’s play calling became very vanilla allowing Cornersville to stack the box and set the edge but yet it still had a miss match every play outside against #84 50/50 balls are essentially 90/10 ball against him. MC took advantage of that but for some reason City didn’t. Like I said those boys deserve a better system!

You are right. #3 is awesome. Just saying he doesn’t do it alone. #7 has 10 rushing TDS this year. #2 is our primary return guy. All 5 players that were ejected would start on D against Gordonsville and matter. And you saw how bad the punting situation was. We have other players, but to lose that many good players on a single A roster is going to make a big difference. I haven’t personally seen Gordonsville play. I am going on what the east guys say on here which is they are top 5 in the state. To me, that means it would have been a tough game even if we had a full roster. 

• Like 1