Gordonsville at Fayetteville

croz6110

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Your players that are out due to covid tracing should be back by the time we play. However, two weeks is a long time, and there's a lot that can happen with covid tracing in that time period. We had 4 or 5 starters who didn't start against RBS because Friday was their first day back. We have 3 or 4 more that won't be back til tomorrow.

I'm just hoping both teams avoid the covid curse for the rest of the year, especially when it comes to playoffs. The worst case scenarios for the playoffs are nightmarish.

So are you saying you had players that were quarantined? 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i know what u are saying. Fayetteville has the most talent but doesnt always play as a team, or selflessly. They were hot against Moore, but I too believe that Moore is the best team overall. Reminds me of Tennessee being better than Florida several times and still losing. 

Good analogy. 

32 minutes ago, Varo said:

Yes he is.  Brother Tim handles the calls from the press box.  As for the BBQ'ed Bolo, I can make a special request and see.  It's been a limited menu b/c of the Co-19.  They did have BBQ nachos last home game though.

If I may say so,  Brother Tim is one of the best I have heard.  He's worth the price of admission himself.

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

As far as the players that got ejected, I don't know exactly what happened, but I don't know that I have ever seen players that ejected be allowed to play in the next game.

We had a player get ejected in the semis in 2011. It was for anything regarding physical contact. He sat out the first game the next season.

Yeah,  they'll miss the next game.  No doubt in my mind.  I hate that it happened as I've stated before, I would like to see this one with both teams at full strength.  This hurts Gordonsville as much as Fayetteville in that regards. 

Croz, the place I would eat if attending this game is Marvin's Family Restaurant.  4130 Thorton Taylor Pkwy, Fayetteville TN 37334. They have an all you can eat buffet for about $11.  

EDIT:  @sum1uno is high on Edz Wingz establishment.  I've yet to try it.

Edited by Southtowner

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Yeah,  they'll miss the next game.  No doubt in my mind.  I hate that it happened as I've stated before, I would like to see this one with both teams at full strength.  This hurts Gordonsville as much as Fayetteville in that regards. 

Croz, the place I would eat if attending this game is Marvin's Family Restaurant.  4130 Thorton Taylor Pkwy, Fayetteville TN 37334. They have an all you can eat buffet for about $11.  

EDIT:  @sum1uno is high on Edz Wingz establishment.  I've yet to try it.

I'm  a sucker for buffets and wings. I'll have a hard decision.

I can't wait to host Gordonsville!  They were the kindest folk we visited last year.  We will do our best to return the hospitality.  We will be down five players but with that much time to prepare we should  be able to make it another great game between two top ten teams.

Tim Smith is as good a man as he is an announcer.  That's saying a ton. We are blessed to have him.

Ed'z Wings is a great place to go. Plan to wait an hour to get your order.  I am not kidding!  It looks like a hole in the wall but the food is great!

Honey's resturant on the square or Ken's Fast Food (closes at 6) are options if you want to try the local "Slawburger."  They are small burgers...order two.

The Local Cafe and Fixins are nice.  

Cahoots has a good steak. You may want to call ahead if you go there.

Want fried chicken and pintos, all you can eat?  Marvin's

Gordy gave us a beautiful tree last year as a gift of friendship and support while we were broken hearted.  It's planted in front of our fieldhouse and growing strong!  Thank you! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Can't go wrong with Edz Wings!

Agreed . Can’t go wrong with any of their choices. Try the Alderman burger. Comes with smoked bologna. But the wings are awesome. My fav is sweet heat hot, wet, with either fries or rings. Side of xxx Mayo. But it’s definitely not fast food. Cooked to order.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Varo said:

Agreed . Can’t go wrong with any of their choices. Try the Alderman burger. Comes with smoked bologna. But the wings are awesome. My fav is sweet heat hot, wet, with either fries or rings. Side of xxx Mayo. But it’s definitely not fast food. Cooked to order.

If i had to choose between any of them it would be a slaw burger from Ken's.