Gordonsville at Fayetteville

croz6110

2 hours ago, fsurules said:

Will this game still be played? I know Gordonsville is remote learning due to Covid until after fall break.

As of right now, it's still being played. I don't know how many cases of covid there are, but part of the reason they're remote learning is that the school is short staffed.

7 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

It was my understanding that if a school is shut down the team cannot practice or play even if their team does not have a player with Covid . 

Other schools that have not shut down have had to forfeit.

I do think it should be consistent throughout the state.

I agree.EVERYONE should have to the exact thing.Cant understand how some a barely fielding a team because of contact tracing and others are just rolling right along.We had 0 kids positive yet 10 starters sent home because of a girl at school was positive.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree.EVERYONE should have to the exact thing.Cant understand how some a barely fielding a team because of contact tracing and others are just rolling right along.We had 0 kids positive yet 10 starters sent home because of a girl at school was positive.

We were in the same boat when we were going to play Coalfield. We would've had 4 or 5 starters out due to contact tracing.

I don't know of any players affected by contact tracing right now. 

I just hope everyone picks against City like every other game this year.  That usually works out well for Fayetteville.  They may be short a Tiger or five but the other 35ish will play hard and have a fair shot at winning the game.  City will still have at least one  threat who can score on any play.  The lines are intact.

It should be close!

I expect a great night with good competition.  I also don't expect any "chippy" play from either team based on last year's contest.  The teams seemed to respect and appreciate each other.  Let's each do our part to ensure that spirit of good sportsmanship and community between these teams continues on Tiger Hill as we host Gordonsville for the first time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1