Gordonsville at Fayetteville

croz6110

3 minutes ago, 93grad said:

Dern it!  Wishful thinking...thanks

Yeah.  Kids got caught up in the moment.  It'll hurt them this next game no doubt.  Gotta be mindful of keeping everything under control including yourself.  This would have been a measuring stick type of game for Fayetteville and even see where Gordonsville handles a team like City if they were at full throttle.  Now the game has lost some of its luster to some of us on the outside looking in. 

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yeah.  Kids got caught up in the moment.  It'll hurt them this next game no doubt.  Gotta be mindful of keeping everything under control including yourself.  This would have been a measuring stick type of game for Fayetteville and even see where Gordonsville handles a team like City if they were at full throttle.  Now the game has lost some of its luster to some of us on the outside looking in. 

Agree 100%.  We have guys that can step in and produce but it will be tough.  Competition for starting roles is tough here.  The guys that will fill in can play too.  Next man up.  I'm with you on using this game as a measuring stick with everyone playing.  I'm just glad region play is complete and playoff situation is settled for us.  We have 3 games left that only matter for record so keep everyone healthy and available to play for the second season.

• Like 2

In the song "Boys of Fall" that they play before just about every game, there is a line that says "You mess with one of us, you've got us all"...the Tigers were just making that real. So the line should be "You mess with one man, we gotta watch from the sideline..or they'll eject us all."

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 7:29 PM, Southtowner said:

Yeah,  they'll miss the next game.  No doubt in my mind.  I hate that it happened as I've stated before, I would like to see this one with both teams at full strength.  This hurts Gordonsville as much as Fayetteville in that regards. 

Croz, the place I would eat if attending this game is Marvin's Family Restaurant.  4130 Thorton Taylor Pkwy, Fayetteville TN 37334. They have an all you can eat buffet for about $11.  

EDIT:  @sum1uno is high on Edz Wingz establishment.  I've yet to try it.

The fried chicken is always good ,Most of the vegetables are bland will need salt and pepper to your taste,Fish is always good also Hush-puppies good,Great salad bar.

5 hours ago, oldraiderfan said:

The fried chicken is always good ,Most of the vegetables are bland will need salt and pepper to your taste,Fish is always good also Hush-puppies good,Great salad bar.

Yes, I've eaten there a few times.  Idk if I'll attend this game but next time in Fayetteville I may try out a different eatery. 

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Yes, I've eaten there a few times.  Idk if I'll attend this game but next time in Fayetteville I may try out a different eatery. 

Agree with oldraiderfan about the vegetables being bland, I would pick Honeys or Local Cafe. They are both on the square. 

4 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Edz Wingz and Marvin's is sounding pretty promising.

What will be the ticket policy, does anyone know?

I don’t think there is a limit on tickets. I asked a few games back and was told we have plenty of room for people to spread out around the track so it won’t be an issue. Tickets at the gate. Mask and temp check required. 

24 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

From what I am seeing, it looks as though Fayetteville City will be classified as 2A beginning with the 2021 season. 

I have seen guesses from guys on here where the cutoffs vary from the 340s to the 380s. We are 355 so we’ll see. Do you know when the TSSAA is going to put the classes out? I assume they will have to do that early enough to give teams the option to move up and still finalize districts/regions prior to November BOC meeting. 

If we go to 2A, that’s fine. I assume our region will get easier and class will get harder. It will also be unfortunate to lose some of the teams we play regularly in football and basketball but we will strap up and play whoever they want us to. 

15 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

I have seen guesses from guys on here where the cutoffs vary from the 340s to the 380s. We are 355 so we’ll see. Do you know when the TSSAA is going to put the classes out? I assume they will have to do that early enough to give teams the option to move up and still finalize districts/regions prior to November BOC meeting. 

If we go to 2A, that’s fine. I assume our region will get easier and class will get harder. It will also be unfortunate to lose some of the teams we play regularly in football and basketball but we will strap up and play whoever they want us to. 

You'll likely stay the same for basketball, and you may be able to play your current region teams in non-region matchups in the future.

Quick question, I've seen some of them mentioned on here, so I know of 2 or 3, but which numbers will be suspended?