Week 9 - Oak Ridge vs Mt Juliet

CardinalGrey

I think OR caught MJ a little bit by surprise last year, plus the two early easy scores they got may have caused them to let up a bit and when OR came back by half, they couldn't get going again, This was one of the two best games OR played last year (throw out the first 5 minutes}. It was a fun game to watch too, the trip was well worth it. MJ is 5-1 so far this year, with a win over Gallatin and a puzzling loss to Rossview last week. OR is beginning to play a little better, and they have played a pretty tough schedule, with another tough run ahead. I think they get by MJ maybe 7 points, in a good game. 

• Like 1

If MJ can’t fix there lackadaisical approach on offense they will get blown out. Oak Ridge is playing at a high level right now. I was ignorant enough to go into last years game thinking we were a huge favorite ....... we saw how that went... For MJ to win, MJ has to realize they have seniority and the pieces to the puzzle.. They just have to make them work. If not .... long night for MJ. Respect to OR.

i will say  our defense APPEARS  to be top notch. I think they can keep us in most games.

rossview exploited us in the passing game. We have yet to let up 100 yards rushing in a game.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

If MJ can’t fix there lackadaisical approach on offense they will get blown out. Oak Ridge is playing at a high level right now. I was ignorant enough to go into last years game thinking we were a huge favorite ....... we saw how that went... For MJ to win, MJ has to realize they have seniority and the pieces to the puzzle.. They just have to make them work. If not .... long night for MJ. Respect to OR.

i will say  our defense APPEARS  to be top notch. I think they can keep us in most games.

rossview exploited us in the passing game. We have yet to let up 100 yards rushing in a game.

Is this MJ team better than last year's team? If so, MJ might "destroy" OR as you said a couple of weeks ago! OR is VERY inconsistent on offense and if the MJ defense is as good as advertised, then OR may not score at all. The OR defense is solid so neither team may score! LOL...I doubt OR "surprises" or "sneaks up on" MJ this year, after what happened last year. 

4 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

Four days until kickoff!

RWR!

The MJ caravan is ready to leave right now for East Tennessee to support our Golden Bears! Playing a storied and tradition rich program like OR is a huge test! Going to be a great atmosphere with a chill in the air Friday night!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GBEAR85 said:

The MJ caravan is ready to leave right now for East Tennessee to support our Golden Bears! Playing a storied and tradition rich program like OR is a huge test! Going to be a great atmosphere with a chill in the air Friday night!

Our coaching staff has had two weeks to alter our abysmal offensive scheme. If we can fix that I like our chances.

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Our coaching staff has had two weeks to alter our abysmal offensive scheme. If we can fix that I like our chances.

Gonna try a new approach with you MJGB and be civil. Serious question. What type of offense does Mt. Juliet run?  I know nothing about your team except you are pretty good defensively and not up to par on offense. What seems to be the problem in your opinion??

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE