Week 9 - Oak Ridge vs Mt Juliet

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Gonna try a new approach with you MJGB and be civil. Serious question. What type of offense does Mt. Juliet run?  I know nothing about your team except you are pretty good defensively and not up to par on offense. What seems to be the problem in your opinion??

A lot of Gun spread, they will try to mix a bit of I power. None of which seems to work. The biggest problem being our offensive line is as bad as I’ve seen it in recent years, the second major issue being our QB. He is a sub par player, the stud sophomore that was supposed to take that role this season was kicked off the team... the third major issue is our offensive coaching/ play calling. Our Offensive coordinator was quarantined against Rossview. 

There’s a few a games where we have clicked at time, Gallatin, Stewart’s Creek, and Lebanon. Other than that they’ve got to figure something out. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

A lot of Gun spread, they will try to mix a bit of I power. None of which seems to work. The biggest problem being our offensive line is as bad as I’ve seen it in recent years, the second major issue being our QB. He is a sub par player, the stud sophomore that was supposed to take that role this season was kicked off the team... the third major issue is our offensive coaching/ play calling. Our Offensive coordinator was quarantined against Rossview. 

There’s a few a games where we have clicked at time, Gallatin, Stewart’s Creek, and Lebanon. Other than that they’ve got to figure something out. 

Sounds like your offense is a lot like Milan’s. They run the spread out of the shotgun. They basically spread the defense out to run the ball 80+% of the time. They do this do get their athletes out in space to make plays. We have a few Jimmy’s and Joe’s on the team that can make a man miss and take it to the house. But if we didn’t have the playmakers to do this I don’t feel it would be very effective. Do you think your coaches need to be running something that would be better suited for yalls personnel??

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Sounds like your offense is a lot like Milan’s. They run the spread out of the shotgun. They basically spread the defense out to run the ball 80+% of the time. They do this do get their athletes out in space to make plays. We have a few Jimmy’s and Joe’s on the team that can make a man miss and take it to the house. But if we didn’t have the playmakers to do this I don’t feel it would be very effective. Do you think your coaches need to be running something that would be better suited for yalls personnel??

I’m realizing they only have so much talent to work with. However with the QB being as stale as he has been... I would quit throwing 15 times a game. Try and work with the size on the line and the few good Rbs we have. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I’m realizing they only have so much talent to work with. However with the QB being as stale as he has been... I would quit throwing 15 times a game. Try and work with the size on the line and the few good Rbs we have. 

Based on what I've seen from MJ the last few years, I think they would be best off putting that S&C program to good use and investing in a power run game and maybe using play action off of that or asking the qb to make throws that he's capable of making

On 10/12/2020 at 10:01 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Sounds like yall have the same problem we do.The Oak Ridge offense struggles to score or even get a 1st down vs a good defense.They have the talent to be better so at least we have some hope.If our QB can get his mojo back and also use his legs some more they could get it going.Ive all but give up any hope of running the ball vs a good defense.Only way Oak Ridge wins this game is if they pass for 150 plus.It will be fun to see what changes were made for the final 3 games and playoffs