Week 9 - Oak Ridge vs Mt Juliet

CardinalGrey

It sounds like MJ has struggled offensively, kinda like we have for a large majority of the season. They do have a great defense though, so I expect a tough game, especially after last years game. I’m sure they’d love to get a little payback, and if so, I can’t blame ‘em. Hoping for an injury free game and hopefully we come out on top.

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It sounds like MJ has struggled offensively, kinda like we have for a large majority of the season. They do have a great defense though, so I expect a tough game, especially after last years game. I’m sure they’d love to get a little payback, and if so, I can’t blame ‘em. Hoping for an injury free game and hopefully we come out on top.

You know more about them than I do, but if they're tough on defense, then that's a concern. I don't have much confidence in the OR offense, so the defense better be ready to play, and they usually are. I wonder if MJ has lots of returners. A couple of weeks ago one of their posters said they would "destroy" OR, but he may be just running his mouth. Of course, they were undefeated at the time. Who is Rossview and are they traditionally any good?

14 minutes ago, bonkers said:

You know more about them than I do, but if they're tough on defense, then that's a concern. I don't have much confidence in the OR offense, so the defense better be ready to play, and they usually are. I wonder if MJ has lots of returners. A couple of weeks ago one of their posters said they would "destroy" OR, but he may be just running his mouth. Of course, they were undefeated at the time. Who is Rossview and are they traditionally any good?

Rossview is from Clarksville. They've always had talent but not many years where they put it all together. Then again, you could say that about alot of Clarksville schools. MJ's defense is legit. I'd be surprised by if it's a shootout like last year

23 hours ago, bonkers said:

Rossview is from Clarkesville, and they are not good.  Them beating MJ would be considered a huge upset, not sure how that happened.  Maybe they were looking forward to coming to OR and avenging the comeback victory from last year.  After a slow start, I think that turned out to be our best played game last year.  Then,  for whatever reason, we just didn't show up at Fulton.  

On 10/4/2020 at 1:15 PM, SweetScience said:

I think this could be a very competitive football game. MJ isn't playing the best offensively but Oak Ridge is up and down scoring wise, i think it may be a close low scoring game, or MJ wins by 20+

5 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I just hope the team improves during the bye week.  And they don't approach it like an "off" week.  It's a great opportunity to get better if they stay focused and work hard this week. 

They've been practicing since early June so I hope they don't overdo it, but I'm not a coach so I guess they'll do what they think will serve them best. Plus, this time of the year you would think that they have lots of guys hurt to some degree so that's another reason not to overdo it. So I would hope they do treat it as an "off week" so a few guys can get back to 100%, give them the opportunity to re-energize, and get something achieved in practice all at the same time. But, there are lots of different ways to look at it and how to handle a week with no game.

13 minutes ago, bonkers said:

They've been practicing since early June so I hope they don't overdo it, but I'm not a coach so I guess they'll do what they think will serve them best. Plus, this time of the year you would think that they have lots of guys hurt to some degree so that's another reason not to overdo it. So I would hope they do treat it as an "off week" so a few guys can get back to 100%, give them the opportunity to re-energize, and get something achieved in practice all at the same time. But, there are lots of different ways to look at it and how to handle a week with no game.

This game should be the 'final' prep down the stretch.

• Like 1