Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

8 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Has anyone heard about when or if. this will happen?

I think the Board of Control meeting is scheduled for November 12th? They should be classifying and setting all districts and regions then. That said, who knows what they will do and when they will actually do it? The communication for this has not been good and the communication about how they plan to seed for the football playoffs this particular crazy year has been horrible to say the least!

11 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think the Board of Control meeting is scheduled for November 12th? They should be classifying and setting all districts and regions then. That said, who knows what they will do and when they will actually do it? The communication for this has not been good and the communication about how they plan to seed for the football playoffs this particular crazy year has been horrible to say the least!

Doesn't need to be any communication because it needs to stay the same. Most of the BOC have their own schools to worry about over something trivial like classification and playoff seeding

10 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Doesn't need to be any communication because it needs to stay the same. Most of the BOC have their own schools to worry about over something trivial like classification and playoff seeding

I agree that everything is scheduled to stay the same and that's a good thing...hopefully, that will be the case. I'll give them a pass on the upcoming classification and district/region assignments. As it relates to playoff seedings for this wacky season, which is not necessarily on the BOC, this could get ugly! Based on my research, they are giving a COVID-19 win to the team that received the forfeit, but yet they are not giving a COVID-19 loss to the team that forfeits. So, in many situations, you could have teams finish a 1/2 game ahead of teams that they lost to. So, as one random possible example, Shelbyville defeated Page. Let's say Shelbyville loses to both Summit and Columbia and finish 3-2 in the region. Page could win out and finish 3-1 in the region, since their forfeit to Summit is not counted as a loss. So, instead of it being a two-way tie for second at 3-2 which Shelbyville would claim the tiebreaker, Page would get 2nd at 3-1 and not have a loss included for the Summit game, which they would have obviously lost big? There would be numerous examples like this. Hillsboro, which just lost to Beech, is not playing Gallatin. Likely, that would determine 2nd in that region. So, Hillsboro will likely finish 3-1 and Gallatin 4-1 in that region with no head-to-head. It just needs to be explained much better, especially before we get to the seeding part after Week 11, otherwise it could be a mess all over the state!! I hope they have a plan.

30 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I agree that everything is scheduled to stay the same and that's a good thing...hopefully, that will be the case. I'll give them a pass on the upcoming classification and district/region assignments. As it relates to playoff seedings for this wacky season, which is not necessarily on the BOC, this could get ugly! Based on my research, they are giving a COVID-19 win to the team that received the forfeit, but yet they are not giving a COVID-19 loss to the team that forfeits. So, in many situations, you could have teams finish a 1/2 game ahead of teams that they lost to. So, as one random possible example, Shelbyville defeated Page. Let's say Shelbyville loses to both Summit and Columbia and finish 3-2 in the region. Page could win out and finish 3-1 in the region, since their forfeit to Summit is not counted as a loss. So, instead of it being a two-way tie for second at 3-2 which Shelbyville would claim the tiebreaker, Page would get 2nd at 3-1 and not have a loss included for the Summit game, which they would have obviously lost big? There would be numerous examples like this. Hillsboro, which just lost to Beech, is not playing Gallatin. Likely, that would determine 2nd in that region. So, Hillsboro will likely finish 3-1 and Gallatin 4-1 in that region with no head-to-head. It just needs to be explained much better, especially before we get to the seeding part after Week 11, otherwise it could be a mess all over the state!! I hope they have a plan.

For playoffs seating a forfeit is a lost. I don’t know how much more you can explain it. Why you think Hillsboro is mad about Gallatin not rescheduling “which they could” but Gallatin needs any win they can get at the moment.

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Completely disagree with you reclassification. Nolensville setting with close to 1300 playing in 4A is nuts.  Summit with close to 1700 and Shelbyville with ove 1600 being in same region with Page for example with just over 1100 is not right or fair.  Not that hard to even out classifications even in a year like this.  

9 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Completely disagree with you reclassification. Nolensville setting with close to 1300 playing in 4A is nuts.  Summit with close to 1700 and Shelbyville with ove 1600 being in same region with Page for example with just over 1100 is not right or fair.  Not that hard to even out classifications even in a year like this.  

Shelbyville is no where near 1,600. They have dropped off significantly....below 1,400 I believe.

47 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

For playoffs seating a forfeit is a lost. I don’t know how much more you can explain it. Why you think Hillsboro is mad about Gallatin not rescheduling “which they could” but Gallatin needs any win they can get at the moment.

If it’s a loss for playoff seeding purposes, why do the TSSAA standings not list it that way. They are listing COVID-19 wins but not losses. It’s confusing and strange, thus it needs to be clarified and organized better in my opinion. Have no knowledge of the Gallatin/Hillsboro situation but they would serve their region right by playing each other to be sure.

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

If it’s a loss for playoff seeding purposes, why do the TSSAA standings not list it that way. They are listing COVID-19 wins but not losses. It’s confusing and strange, thus it needs to be clarified and organized better in my opinion. Have no knowledge of the Gallatin/Hillsboro situation but they would serve their region right by playing each other to be sure.

It could not be rescheduled.  They could not play on the original date because of their school system not ours.  We moved on because our coach decided it was in the best interest to try and get 10 games in for the kids and not take any cheap wins.  Games were rescheduled.  If they win the games that mattered they will still get in the playoffs.  

14 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

It could not be rescheduled.  They could not play on the original date because of their school system not ours.  We moved on because our coach decided it was in the best interest to try and get 10 games in for the kids and not take any cheap wins.  Games were rescheduled.  If they win the games that mattered they will still get in the playoffs.  

Not the end of the world for this one wild and crazy season, but I’d like to have seen them schedule it this week. Then, take away the Glencliff game the final week and use as a bye. On this particular year, the Hillsboro-Gallatin game is more important than playing Glencliff, probably the worst 5A team in the state. It does no good and is a wasted week.

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Not the end of the world for this one wild and crazy season, but I’d like to have seen them schedule it this week. Then, take away the Glencliff game the final week and use as a bye. On this particular year, the Hillsboro-Gallatin game is more important than playing Glencliff, probably the worst 5A team in the state. It does no good and is a wasted week.

Yeah but it is still a region game.  You cannot say one team doesn’t matter but another team does within the same region, even if it is true.  Those kids at Glencliff practice and take time out of their lives as well.  Hey, probably won’t be much of a game, but that is the way it’s scheduled.   Gallatin scheduled a ton of tough teams to fill the schedule this year, glad they are at least playing ball.  

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

Yeah but it is still a region game.  You cannot say one team doesn’t matter but another team does within the same region, even if it is true.  Those kids at Glencliff practice and take time out of their lives as well.  Hey, probably won’t be much of a game, but that is the way it’s scheduled.   Gallatin scheduled a ton of tough teams to fill the schedule this year, glad they are at least playing ball.  

I understand the argument. I just think, for this one particular year when everyone is not playing everyone in a region, the coaches and administrators should see to it that the best teams play each other. In other words, Glencliff will have zero chance at a playoff berth and everyone knows this, so allow them to play a more competitive opponent that week. And it just makes sense for Gallatin to play Hillsboro in top heavy competitive region like that, especially in a year like this. Just my take. Also, it could unfairly affect the opposing region in the playoffs as well.