Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

I don't know how Tennessee is doing this, but in states like Michigan and Ohio, there is specific protocol that must be met in order to "count" a student towards a specific school's enrollment, while attending virtually.

• Student attends a live lesson from the student’s teacher and attendance is documented. This could be through a synchronous platform or in-person attendance;
  • Student logs into an online/virtual lesson or lesson activity and the login can be documented by the school district;
  • Student and the student’s teacher engage in a subject-oriented telephone conversation, and the conversation is documented. This could be through a synchronous platform such as Skype; or
  • The district documents that an electronic mail dialogue occurred between the student and the student’s teacher.

This specific protocol must be met on Count Day, in order for that student to be officially counted.

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Whom as done that?  

1 hour ago, Indian said:

They should still be part of their schools. Same as a new building. 

47 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Who has done that?   I haven't heard of such a thing.  If they are no the in a brick and mortar building they count on their schools enrollment.  

I am sure that there are others.  

Lincoln Central Academy (Lincoln County)

Polk Innovative Learning Academy

Henry County Virtual Academy 

*Disclaimer not sure which ones if any "co-op" with another school.  

Edited by BigStickDiplomacy
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Who has done that?   I haven't heard of such a thing.  If they are no the in a brick and mortar building they count on their schools enrollment.  

Home school students are little different but they do not count.

16 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Yes tell us. This would open a can of worms. 

Yes potentially a very large can.

"Does HCVA offer school clubs or athletics?

HCVA does not offer school clubs or athletics. As our school grows and expands, we will look to develop our own extra-curricular offerings. Our year one mission is to develop our academic programming to provide the best possible education for our students."

Henry County is separate. It could be a mess if some go back to in-building next year, if possible and if it's not a long term agreement.