Classification

BooWhoWiseMan

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

I understand the argument. I just think, for this one particular year when everyone is not playing everyone in a region, the coaches and administrators should see to it that the best teams play each other. In other words, Glencliff will have zero chance at a playoff berth and everyone knows this, so allow them to play a more competitive opponent that week. And it just makes sense for Gallatin to play Hillsboro in top heavy competitive region like that, especially in a year like this. Just my take. Also, it could unfairly affect the opposing region in the playoffs as well.

Well I understand,  This year being very strange and all.  However if they would have started on time, it’s a nonissue.  Again that’s on them.  

9 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

But other games were already scheduled.  TSSAA would not let us play 11 games in the regular season.  

So you saying they wouldn’t let you guys move a non-region game for a region game? I’m not fighting for his I’m just saying....and for the record I agree with both sides views

Just now, FBfan26 said:

So you saying they wouldn’t let you guys move a non-region game for a region game? I’m not fighting for his I’m just saying....and for the record I agree with both sides views

All they have left are region games and they’ve played 7 games already. Only option was to cancel a lower tier team and schedule Hillsboro instead.

3 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

If the TSSAA would have said you had to do it, then it would have happened.  Hunters Lane did not want to play the game therefore Henry Co was already scheduled.  You cannot penalize HC or Hendersonville and make them go searching for a game last minute when they would have gladly played the game if they could have when it was scheduled.  Watson wanted to have a ten game season and he sought after replacements.  Just the way it was going to happen.  

I’ll say this...in this particular year, being the 2nd seed from Region 6 is way more valuable than the 3rd seed. Region 5 is a two-horse race with Shelbyville and Summit...and there is a significant drop off after that. So, playing the 3rd seed from Region 5 is a much better draw than playing the 2nd seed. Last year, it was not that way.