Tom Kreager Classification Projections

BoardHater71

11 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

For a guy who covers high school football in this state in a very big way, he sure made some very big blunders and bad assumptions in this projection! I’ll point out three very simple and specific examples: 1) No way should they put 9 teams in Region 3 in 6A! That would be insane and massively unfair with all the ways to divide the midstate which is loaded with 6A schools. 2) Cascade, geographically and traditionally, fits way better in Region 5-2A than Region 3 and his numbers make no sense! He has 8 teams in Region 3 and 5 in Region 5. Put Cascade in its natural spot in Region 5 and it fixes both issues. 3) DCA must remain in Division II East Region to keep things balanced. Why take them out and put 7 teams in the Middle Region and leave only 5 in the East?? Silliness. He must not have thought about anything very long to make some of these mistakes, and I certainly hope the TSSAA isn’t paying attention. There are probably some other examples too. Obviously, most regions turn out naturally without much thought. It’s the specific head-scratchers that become highlighted when he puts all this out.

Also, Dyer County doesn’t belong in Region 7 with Springfield, Clarksville Schools & Henry County. It’s over a 3 Hour Drive from Springfield HS to Dyer County HS. Dyer County would be better suited in Region 8. 

I would like to also point out that WH Heritage will continue to play up to 4A and not play in 3A. The Patriots would most likely be in 4A Region 5. I just don’t see how Marshall County, Lawrence County & Tullahoma all fit in with those Northern Middle Tennessee teams. That would be a travel nightmare! Especially with Nashville traffic. 

8 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Also, Dyer County doesn’t belong in Region 7 with Springfield, Clarksville Schools & Henry County. It’s over a 3 Hour Drive from Springfield HS to Dyer County HS. Dyer County would be better suited in Region 8. 

I would like to also point out that WH Heritage will continue to play up to 4A and not play in 3A. The Patriots would most likely be in 4A Region 5. I just don’t see how Marshall County, Lawrence County & Tullahoma all fit in with those Northern Middle Tennessee teams. That would be a travel nightmare! Especially with Nashville traffic. 

Where else do you put those three though?

50 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Where else do you put those three though?

That’s a good question. But how would they fit with Creek Wood, Greenbrier, WH Heritage and potentially WH? Those 3 schools (Tullahoma, Lawrence County & Marshall County) are not close to those Northern Middle Tennessee teams. The Nashville area schools would potentially work with either North or South. Marshall County is the closest of those 3 to any of the Northern Middle Tennessee Schools. I don’t envy TSSAA making these Regions. 

52 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

That’s a good question. But how would they fit with Creek Wood, Greenbrier, WH Heritage and potentially WH? Those 3 schools (Tullahoma, Lawrence County & Marshall County) are not close to those Northern Middle Tennessee teams. The Nashville area schools would potentially work with either North or South. Marshall County is the closest of those 3 to any of the Northern Middle Tennessee Schools. I don’t envy TSSAA making these Regions. 

It's not really that bad. It's just the geography of the situation. For those three teams, its much better than the alternative of being put in with the Crossville teams. An 1 1/2 drive beats a 2 to 2 1/2 drive for sure.

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth said:

Kreager is absolutely terrible at his job. I would rather hear from Hargis from Chattanooga. 

I agree for the most part. Very lazy! Also, he stays very focused on the metro schools and all the Division II schools, but gives very little coverage to anyone else. He tweets about the food on his grill almost every day, so that's his ultimate focus obviously.

Edited by sportsguy22
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

I agree for the most part. Very lazy! Also, he stays very focused on the metro schools and all the Division II schools, but gives very little coverage to anyone else. He tweets about the food on his grill almost every day, so that's his ultimate focus obviously.

I disagree.  I think he does a good job of covering HS sports in middle TN.  Why wouldn't he focus on Davidson County schools and the close by DII schools.  I don't see many other media members bringing attention to our high school student athletes.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 17NCS said:

I disagree.  I think he does a good job of covering HS sports in middle TN.  Why wouldn't he focus on Davidson County schools and the close by DII schools.  I don't see many other media members bringing attention to our high school student athletes.  

Are you from Nashville? If so, you would naturally enjoy the coverage. All of us on the outside of the city likely feel differently. We get left behind for the most part...Tullahoma, Marshall County, Shelbyville, Warren County, DeKalb County, etc., just to give some obvious examples not just this year but every year.

Edited by sportsguy22
  • Upvote 1