Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

MJGB, we have been that way the past 10 years or so. I agree though, it’s strange. In 2010 we looked awful at the beginning of the season and made it all the way to the semifinals and lost 38-21 to Maryville, the eventual state champions that year. We’re a strange bunch, but with that said, I’d much rather peak later on than early on in the season! Good blowout win for your boys tonight. 

Yeah it’s strange to me as well. Anyways good luck to OR from here on out. I have a strange feeling they can make it all the way. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yeah it’s strange to me as well. Anyways good luck to OR from here on out. I have a strange feeling they can make it all the way. 

Thanks bud, same to your Golden Bears. Hopefully we can keep that game going. It has turned into a pretty good little rivalry that has produced two close, hard fought games. I don’t know about going all the way, but I appreciate your confidence in us ha.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Thanks bud, same to your Golden Bears. Hopefully we can keep that game going. It has turned into a pretty good little rivalry that has produced two close, hard fought games. I don’t know about going all the way, but I appreciate your confidence in us ha.

I hope so too, not sure what our future has in store as far as talent goes but I would like to continue a series that has gone down to the wire the last two games.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Upvote 2

Shout out to J.Stewart and the DBs.The improvement was drastic.The difference in Stewart and the guy he replaced has been big upgrade.Bad news is he looked gassed in 4th playing so much and he is our best WR.Good news is I doubt many teams will wear out DBs as much as Powell.The QB runs around so much the DBs have to cover a long time

What a game!!!  WHAT A GAME!!!!! The first half was GREAT and the second half was nerve wracking? I have MANY questions!!! Did Powell take their extra point off the board at the end to go for two, or was the penalty on OR before the kick?  Who was #32 and where was #13?  Who do we play in round one? Is this team getting better at the right time or what???  Where are all of the complete fools who said Gaddis can't coach? I mean it, the guy gets bashed on here like a dog, and he's got his team playing good at the right time. Speaking of Gaddis, he looked like the the Gaddis of the 80s/90s last night. He went berserk on the sidelines, he was jumping around like a man possessed, and the players seem to feed off of it. I saw him get after one of his players on the sidelines like he did in the old days. His passion is infectious! Then I saw him on the news talking to the team after the win the old ball coach fired me up, and the team went crazy too!!!!  Another question, who is our new kicker that made all of his PATs? Is he the same guy who missed the field goal so bad?

6 minutes ago, bonkers said:

What a game!!!  WHAT A GAME!!!!! The first half was GREAT and the second half was nerve wracking? I have MANY questions!!! Did Powell take their extra point off the board at the end to go for two, or was the penalty on OR before the kick?  Who was #32 and where was #13?  Who do we play in round one? Is this team getting better at the right time or what???  Where are all of the complete fools who said Gaddis can't coach? I mean it, the guy gets bashed on here like a dog, and he's got his team playing good at the right time. Speaking of Gaddis, he looked like the the Gaddis of the 80s/90s last night. He went berserk on the sidelines, he was jumping around like a man possessed, and the players seem to feed off of it. I saw him get after one of his players on the sidelines like he did in the old days. His passion is infectious! Then I saw him on the news talking to the team after the win the old ball coach fired me up, and the team went crazy too!!!!  Another question, who is our new kicker that made all of his PATs? Is he the same guy who missed the field goal so bad?

I can answer most of those.  The first penalty was on Oak Ridge, offsides.  Powell went for 2 and would have made had they not moved early on the line.  #32 was Elam, he was wearing his Dad's number for Senior night.  Adams and Hayward wore #44 and #6 for their brothers.  Place kicker, same guy.

Great win for our boys and the coaches!

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

I stand by everything I have ever said..... Time for the bronze statue!

• Like 1