Greenfield @ Lake Co

shockernation

So is Greenfield's coach that good? I mean people keep saying he doesn't have the athletes that another team does and what not but for the last few years he has won a lot of games there. I don't remember Greenfield ever being this good in the last 20 or 30 years as far as record goes. I was just curious how they are able to hold on to a coach that is finding success at a school that has always been known for basketball. 

3 hours ago, WestTNFootball100 said:

I’ll take Greenfield. A lot of hype around LC after last years team but this isn’t the LC from last year. 

Falcons in a rout...... True, they are only a skeleton of the team they were last year BUT this one will show people just how far G'field is from being a state level contender..... Prove me wrong, I have several recipes for crow....

16 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

Falcons in a rout...... True, they are only a skeleton of the team they were last year BUT this one will show people just how far G'field is from being a state level contender..... Prove me wrong, I have several recipes for crow....

It might not be that simple. If LC is at full strength then I would say yes you would be right. It seems LC young team is turning the corner. Let's just say things are up in the air on how many bodies LC will have Friday night. Things possibly have occurred this week that could make the Greenfield game interesting. The yellowjackets could be the favorite in this game if things don't improve. If things stay the way they are right now today imo LC will still win the game but the score will be closer than it might have been.

2 hours ago, Allthetalk said:

So is Greenfield's coach that good? I mean people keep saying he doesn't have the athletes that another team does and what not but for the last few years he has won a lot of games there. I don't remember Greenfield ever being this good in the last 20 or 30 years as far as record goes. I was just curious how they are able to hold on to a coach that is finding success at a school that has always been known for basketball. 

Greenfield's coach is hometown guy. Greenfield won I believe 7 games in 2017 and 7 in 2018. They are currently 8 and 0. He is a decent coach but had 5 or 6 really bad teams. For Greenfield the class that are seniors now are decently talented group. I look for them to take a step back after this season. I could be wrong but I think most of their main guns are seniors this year. As far as Coach Pitt goes I don't know enough to say why he has stayed at Greenfield for so long. It must be because he is from their and does not want to leave. By all accounts he is a decent coach. Greenfield has never been past the 2nd round in the playoffs. This year may be their best chance to go deeper in playoffs. After this year it maybe awhile before it happens again.

8 hours ago, ysoangry said:

If you want to talk to Greenfield fans you need to be on the girls basketball boards. Plenty over there. I'm not even sure Greenfield people know they have a football team. 

I see a few games being moved to Thursday night.Including West Carroll.

Edited by mrbigster