Greenfield @ Lake Co

shockernation

20 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

At least it's not a play-off. Can you imagine getting eliminated from the play-offs because of covid. With yalls short roster you better lock them up!

Yes, we need to hide them away until football season is over. Better now than the playoffs. It is going to happen to someone in the playoffs and that is terrible. I truly hate for any school to have to go out that way. I hope the 2021 season is different.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Anybody know if the seeding will allow Lake County to play Greenfield in the 2nd round? Or is there still some games that need to be played out.

I hate it for you guys with the covid crap.

Greenfield is 1st, LC is 2nd, 3rd Dresden, 4th West Carroll. That is set in stone. LC plays West Carroll in the 2nd rd and Dresden plays Greenfield. LC and Greenfield could meet in the 3rd rd.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Yes, we need to hide them away until football season is over. Better now than the playoffs. It is going to happen to someone in the playoffs and that is terrible. I truly hate for any school to have to go out that way. I hope the 2021 season is different.

How much you wanna bet that with playoffs looming that some teams won’t do the right thing...a little sweep under the rug! Just saying 

6 minutes ago, shockernation said:

How much you wanna bet that with playoffs looming that some teams won’t do the right thing...a little sweep under the rug! Just saying 

That will happen. I don't think for 1 minute that Alcoa, Maryville or Oakland would ever let be known. I do think there is one team in 1A that would hide it also.

32 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

Congratulations to Greenfield on being region champs. They didn’t win the region on this one game. They had to play a great season and won every game leading up to this game to have the opportunity to be Champs. 

Agreed. Give credit where it is due. Congrats to Greenfield. They did the things they had to do in the season to be in this situation. Wish this game was able to be played to have a true measuring stick of these two teams, but we may get to see it soon enough. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

That will happen. I don't think for 1 minute that Alcoa, Maryville or Oakland would ever let be known. I do think there is one team in 1A that would hide it also.

I guess the biggest question in the county is why not play this game last night? Two other region games were moved to last night and why not? Region would have been determined already 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Agreed. Give credit where it is due. Congrats to Greenfield. They did the things they had to do in the season to be in this situation. Wish this game was able to be played to have a true measuring stick of these two teams, but we may get to see it soon enough. 

I think everyone will get to see this match up in the playoffs as long as both teams can dodge the Covid. Seems like Covid is undefeated regardless who Covid plays. Best of luck to both teams moving forward.