Greenfield @ Lake Co

shockernation

On 10/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, BLACKFRIDAY said:

How much of an underdog can the #3 team be? In this case, a lot!

I can't recall ever seeing a team ranked this high having such a narrow shot at winning. Unless, they are playing Alcoa.

Not sure what Lake County has done so special this year to think they should be the overwhelming favorite much less deliver a blow out. Yes this is most definitely a different LC team than last year, but this is also a different team for Greenfield also than last. I like to look at common opponents that they have both played to get a general idea. Does it mean much prolly not but it does give you an idea. The scores between common games that both have played the scores look very similar. I think this will be a good game form start to finish regardless if LC has 15 players or 30 players. 

3 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

Not sure what Lake County has done so special this year to think they should be the overwhelming favorite much less deliver a blow out. Yes this is most definitely a different LC team than last year, but this is also a different team for Greenfield also than last. I like to look at common opponents that they have both played to get a general idea. Does it mean much prolly not but it does give you an idea. The scores between common games that both have played the scores look very similar. I think this will be a good game form start to finish regardless if LC has 15 players or 30 players. 

You can't compare scores that is a big mistake. LC has dealt with covid issues early in the year and that has held are progress back. Also a new coach that had no time to put his system completely in. Most coaches in this region are veteran coaches with a system in place so it was easier for their respected teams. LC has more talent than anyone in this region and it's not that close. LC is very young and things are just now coming together. No team in this region has the speed LC has. I have seen 5 Greenfield games and what they lack in talent they make up in heart. They do not beat themselves. Greenfield is catching LC at a good time with everything going on here but these Falcons have won alot of games over the last 4 years and have played in really big games. Greenfield not so much in that category. Greenfield has not beat LC in the last 12 meetings. Now does that mean that they can't do it of course not. The game is at Lake County not many teams have much luck in Tiptonville. Football is about matchups and the jackets do not match up well with LC. If LC is somewhat healthy and have the right kids playing then LC will win this game by 14 or more. If not Greenfield will have a very good chance in this one. I happen to know which LC team that Greenfield will see but will not divulge it. If LC plays like they are capable then they win if not Greenfield will claim the region championship. Taking nothing away from the jackets at all. They are having an outstanding season but in the end I think the jackets will drop their next two games. This is the best shot Greenfield has had in many years to win the game do they have the mental aspect of getting over the hump against LC. 12 straight loses to the Falcons in their minds somehow can they get over the mental block. If they get behind do they say here we go again or fight through it. I think it will be a decent game but in the end the falcons will pull it out if nothing else changes. All I know is this if there was ever a year to beat LC it is now because the future for LC is very bright. Greenfield can win the game but don't come into it with false up. This will be the jackets toughest game to date. Of course this all hinges on the health of the young falcons and the mindset of the jackets. Imo Greenfield comes into the game hoping to win and LC has the mindset that they will win. On the bright side of things the worst LC and Greenfield can do is finish second and have a home game in the playoffs. The best thing either can do is be in first place and host the playoffs at home throughout the playoffs. Good luck to the jackets Friday night and to the Falcons. One more thing a recent coach of LC had always said  out this game that LC is the hammer and the jackets are the nail. The question is can Greenfield change that narrative. Time will tell. God willing no injuries for both teams and no more covid for either. This game needs to be won on the field not by contact tracing. 

54 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You can't compare scores that is a big mistake. LC has dealt with covid issues early in the year and that has held are progress back. Also a new coach that had no time to put his system completely in. Most coaches in this region are veteran coaches with a system in place so it was easier for their respected teams. LC has more talent than anyone in this region and it's not that close. LC is very young and things are just now coming together. No team in this region has the speed LC has. I have seen 5 Greenfield games and what they lack in talent they make up in heart. They do not beat themselves. Greenfield is catching LC at a good time with everything going on here but these Falcons have won alot of games over the last 4 years and have played in really big games. Greenfield not so much in that category. Greenfield has not beat LC in the last 12 meetings. Now does that mean that they can't do it of course not. The game is at Lake County not many teams have much luck in Tiptonville. Football is about matchups and the jackets do not match up well with LC. If LC is somewhat healthy and have the right kids playing then LC will win this game by 14 or more. If not Greenfield will have a very good chance in this one. I happen to know which LC team that Greenfield will see but will not divulge it. If LC plays like they are capable then they win if not Greenfield will claim the region championship. Taking nothing away from the jackets at all. They are having an outstanding season but in the end I think the jackets will drop their next two games. This is the best shot Greenfield has had in many years to win the game do they have the mental aspect of getting over the hump against LC. 12 straight loses to the Falcons in their minds somehow can they get over the mental block. If they get behind do they say here we go again or fight through it. I think it will be a decent game but in the end the falcons will pull it out if nothing else changes. All I know is this if there was ever a year to beat LC it is now because the future for LC is very bright. Greenfield can win the game but don't come into it with false up. This will be the jackets toughest game to date. Of course this all hinges on the health of the young falcons and the mindset of the jackets. Imo Greenfield comes into the game hoping to win and LC has the mindset that they will win. On the bright side of things the worst LC and Greenfield can do is finish second and have a home game in the playoffs. The best thing either can do is be in first place and host the playoffs at home throughout the playoffs. Good luck to the jackets Friday night and to the Falcons. One more thing a recent coach of LC had always said  out this game that LC is the hammer and the jackets are the nail. The question is can Greenfield change that narrative. Time will tell. God willing no injuries for both teams and no more covid for either. This game needs to be won on the field not by contact tracing. 

Hard to win with 14

7 hours ago, shockernation said:

Hard to win with 14

Yes it is. I rather LC play and lose as to just give them a win. I am going to mean here. Greenfield has caught LC at the right time. A healthy LC team and they are region champs. This is Greenfield's chance to get very rare win against LC. I really feel like this is the only circumstances that Greenfield has a chance to beat LC. If LC was remotely healthy then it would be the same as every year. LC is the hammer and Greenfield is the nail. I just hope if Greenfield wins that the Falcons can get healthy and play Greenfield in the playoffs. Greenfield may win their first region title in many many years but it comes with an astrick. Sorry but true. In saying that I watched an entire season with Lake County in 2014 play with 19 kids. All that team done was win 8 games and go to the quarterfinals they also finished 2nd in the region behind Union City who had their best team in school history. I still feel like LC will play well and win the game somehow. If this game is remotely close with the status of the LC team then that number 3 ranking Greenfield has well you know.

Edited by lakecounty1968