Waverly travels to Westview

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

I was told that’s all Covington did that game? Simpson and 1 of the receivers is the only thing Westview has

Their problem is the line. I think the running back is good too. Hard to tell though Covington shut him down too. Covington’s defense is their strength 

I think this is a great week to get better against a decent opponent. I think Waverly can compete with this team. Big picture the odds don’t look good but I do believe this game is winnable but Waverly has to be clicking on offense and defense. No over thrown balls or missed catches like last week. Defensively Waverly has to contain Simpson and not give up the big play. Hoping to have our guys missing back this week to knock the rust off before Riverside. Waverly has to get better this week, if they come out firing on all cylinders this game could be close. If not, it could get ugly. 

Westview may win this game but I think Waverly will play them closer then most think. I’d be very pleased with a close game or an upset. We need some momentum going into next week. I know we will have 2 of our 3 key starters back this week which will help on both sides of the ball, especially defense. 

59 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Westview may win this game but I think Waverly will play them closer then most think. I’d be very pleased with a close game or an upset. We need some momentum going into next week. I know we will have 2 of our 3 key starters back this week which will help on both sides of the ball, especially defense. 

Are ya'll going to be devastated by covid or is this the team that will playing in the playoffs? Just to be clear before the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ddaddy said:

Are ya'll going to be devastated by covid or is this the team that will playing in the playoffs? Just to be clear before the game.

Yes, minus one. Final kid will be back for playoffs. Just hope your team makes it pass the first or second round for first time in almost a decade, when that happens you have permission to be disrespectful, until then you can go pound sand snowflake 

4 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Yes, minus one. Final kid will be back for playoffs. Just hope your team makes it pass the first or second round for first time in almost a decade, when that happens you have permission to be disrespectful, until then you can go pound sand snowflake 

Sorry little boy, but that button has already been pushed 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 12:30 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Waverly defense is a little better than it was last year. Hopefully we can make a game if it

Been bummed all afternoon vandy... glad that we got to stay in AA, but looks like Wavo will bump to AAA. It's laughable to most as we stand right now, but the Tigers are the only team that we haven't been able to overcome. Competition just makes you better, and y'all were our benchmark in football. I'm sure that you all will compete and be fine in a short time, as we will too, but the big one that got away always stings.

I'm awaiting regions eagerly... we've always played West, until joining Region 5 a few years back, and it looks like we could possibly go either way this go 'round, but East wouldn't be the same without them Blue Tigers anyway. Either way it's been great competing with y'all, and our '16 quarters game will always be one of the best games I've ever witnessed. Best of luck to you Wavo guys... lots of respect for your program and fans.