6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

White County led by 8 with about 50 seconds left in regulation. All coaches have different strategies, but when you are up 3 with about 10 seconds to go and they get the ball to their best player........foul. Don't let them shoot a 3 to tie it up.  Just my opinion. Anyway good game between 2 good teams. Learn and get better.

25 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Cookeville blows out York tonight 73-42.  It wasn’t close after first couple minutes. Lady Cavs dominated every aspect of the game.  Shot extremely well the first half and cruised the rest of the game.  

I either over -estimated York or under -estimated Cookeville,  scratching my head on this one.

47 minutes ago, repoman said:

I either over -estimated York or under -estimated Cookeville,  scratching my head on this one.

They aren’t a bad team but we shot really well.  I suspect the score will be closer the next time we meet.  Lady Cavs #4 was 6-6 from 3 the first half.   When we shoot well,  we will be hard for anyone to beat.   We rebound really well.   We play good defense.  We play our best when we run the floor and get transition layups.  We will jack a 3 anywhere across the half court line and make them (not sure if that is good or bad yet but it happens).   And we are very deep.  We have the pieces to be very good.  But if we shoot bad and the other team shoots great then we can be beat by a lot (Clarkrange).   Let’s see if we can keep this up for the season.  If so we will be very dangerous.  

1 hour ago, Commodorefan said:

Good Game!  Both teams got better tonight.  Neither had been tested yet.  Sparta held Vinson to 2 in first half but she came back to score 22 in second half.  I too thought they would foul her in regulation before she got off the game tie three.

CC is a good team no doubt and Vinson is one of the best in the state.  Let one slip away but better to do that now than when district play starts. 

21 hours ago, 85warrior said:

White County led by 8 with about 50 seconds left in regulation. All coaches have different strategies, but when you are up 3 with about 10 seconds to go and they get the ball to their best player........foul. Don't let them shoot a 3 to tie it up.  Just my opinion. Anyway good game between 2 good teams. Learn and get better.

JPC’s Lady Raider teams have shown above all else that they will not quit until the buzzer sounds. Last night was one of multiple games during his time in CC that they seemed dead in the water only to fight their way out of it to a win. Bella has made clutch shots in at least 3 of those games that I can recall and last night she continued to build on her legacy. 

As far as strategy on WC’s part, there was hardly any effort made to “take the air out of the ball” in the last 3 minutes. WC was up 5-7 points consistently in the last minutes of the game, but continued to fire at will like they were down 7.  I’m all for aggressiveness and CC earned every bit of that win, but WC could have played that last 2 min a lot differently. However, Dodgen is a lot better coach than I am from the stands and I’m sure he has his reasons. Big win for CC for a pretty young team’s confidence. 

Well it was a game for 3.5 quarters.  Cookeville loses to Blackman 60-46.   IMO We depend on the 3 way too much.  Live and die by the 3.  If we are hot you are in trouble.  If we are cold, we will shoot ourselves out of the game.  If we had a point for every air ball we shot tonight  that would have been a 5-6 pt game!  :shock:  Also I don't know what the stats were but I am pretty sure that Blackman out rebounded us by a good margin.  They seemed to get every rebound the second half.  They were the more physical team and finished through contact extremely well.  Solid team.  For us to win those games we have to find ways to score outside of drive and kick for 3.  We struggled all night with what appeared to be a matchup zone or man defense designed to take away driving lanes.  Better team won tonight.  We continue our Rutherford county road trip at Siegel on Monday followed by Oakland on Thursday.

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Well it was a game for 3.5 quarters.  Cookeville loses to Blackman 60-46.   IMO We depend on the 3 way too much.  Live and die by the 3.  If we are hot you are in trouble.  If we are cold, we will shoot ourselves out of the game.  If we had a point for every air ball we shot tonight  that would have been a 5-6 pt game!  :shock:  Also I don't know what the stats were but I am pretty sure that Blackman out rebounded us by a good margin.  They seemed to get every rebound the second half.  They were the more physical team and finished through contact extremely well.  Solid team.  For us to win those games we have to find ways to score outside of drive and kick for 3.  We struggled all night with what appeared to be a matchup zone or man defense designed to take away driving lanes.  Better team won tonight.  We continue our Rutherford county road trip at Siegel on Monday followed by Oakland on Thursday.

Why does the senior post not get to play??? 

21 hours ago, Dad0414 said:

Why does the senior post not get to play??? 

I believe she has played in every game except the last one but I could be wrong. I don’t know why anyone plays or doesn’t  play to be honest.  I stopped trying to figure that out long ago.  I know she sat out last year due to TSSAA transfer rules and was injured the previous year.