Waverly travels to Riverside for Regional Championship

vandyfan1

14 minutes ago, JumboTron said:

We would have spanked East and would have ran with Fairview. Unfortunately we tend to play up or down depending on our opponent. I’m sure you know about that. East’s coach ran from Waverly hoping for a first round home game. He hasn’t beaten anyone with a pulse. Btw. You never answered my question on the East Hickman thread. What would Gary Harris have done? I bet he wouldn’t have ran like a big sandy vag! 

Maybe you still get to play East before its over.  Run with Fairview?  Not this year but maybe the next.  I can't speak for East's coach and his reasons to be fair.  Gary Harris? He's a nobody used up Middle School Coach.  Nobody caring about that guy.  :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Nope. I won’t formations and everything lol

I figure we will spread you out and pound 24 some, with a dash of lightning (we have a #20 as well) and 8 is kind of a mix between those two and if you load the box for that we will let our lefty Qb go to the air. Kinda pretty similar to you guys really, two pretty well coached defenses for sure. I've seen good and bad from both teams but I expect both teams best effort Friday night and it should be an exciting game. 

• Like 1

Unlike the R5 champ game, which will be an embarrassing beatdown for the Rockets, this game looks to be very competitive between two even strong programs. I'd be interested to know which defense has been better. Riverside looks to be slightly more explosive offensively.  

Riverside is also at home. ill give them a slight edge but this could go either way. I'll say 27-24 Panthers. 

I said this before, but I don’t believe that I articulated myself very well. I said that I thought RS was better this year than last. My only gauge for this was the first game against LC. I thought RS was better this year’s first game than last year’s first game against LC. Whether the same improvement over the course year occurred this year like last I can’t say. 

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

I said this before, but I don’t believe that I articulated myself very well. I said that I thought RS was better this year than last. My only gauge for this was the first game against LC. I thought RS was better this year’s first game than last year’s first game against LC. Whether the same improvement over the course year occurred this year like last I can’t say. 

Definitely understand what your saying and I totally agree with you. As far as are they a better team last year or not I’m not even sure. At some spots yes some spots no but they have hit their stride earlier this year on both sides. Last season a new offense starting at the playoffs surprised everyone including me lol. Had a lot of success till that grind saw called Peabody. Lot more weapons this year offensively and think we can compete with anyone. Just hope everyone stays healthy and Covid issues stays away 

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Unlike the R5 champ game, which will be an embarrassing beatdown for the Rockets, this game looks to be very competitive between two even strong programs. I'd be interested to know which defense has been better. Riverside looks to be slightly more explosive offensively.  

Riverside is also at home. ill give them a slight edge but this could go either way. I'll say 27-24 Panthers. 

I would have give the defense edge to RS because they have played all their games and I don't think they've had many if any players miss because of covid so their continuity is probably better. Waverly on the other hand missed 3 games together and other weeks had players quarantine due to contact tracing so we have only seen the full team for only a couple of games. RS is fast and very aggressive on D and very well coached. Not looking forward to the 3 inches of rain that they are predicting for the next few days. Hope your game with LC is closer than you described General

11 minutes ago, Jprof said:

Can you buy tickets at the gate @ Riverside for game Friday night?

You could at the Scott’s Hill game in Scott’s Hill so idk why Riverside would be different.  I was told that Riverside hasn’t turned away anybody yet. @Bigpun54 could you confirm this for us please?

Edited by vandyfan1