Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

What a great match-up.  I love Alcoa scheduling these types of games.  I really feel like Alcoa takes this one.  Year in and year out their line play is amazing.  Defense is always tough.  I know DB will be hungry after last weeks let down, but I just think the continuous pounding of the ball that Alcoa will put DB, places them in a situation of loading the box and bam, Alcoa hits them down the field.  Good luck to both teams!

Your right.Being hungry and taking food away from a lion isn't that easy.

I looked over at the useless state polls.All that is for DB besides blowing up some local egos is a bullseye. I wish they had dropped the Tribe on down but atleast the guy giving them a first place vote had to just maybe vote them second or something to keep them in the top five.Might think it's a help but I guarantee you if I'm a contender and see DB ranked ahead of my team, it's going up on a board  for all to see.

13 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

I looked over at the useless state polls.All that is for DB besides blowing up some local egos is a bullseye. I wish they had dropped the Tribe on down but atleast the guy giving them a first place vote had to just maybe vote them second or something to keep them in the top five.Might think it's a help but I guarantee you if I'm a contender and see DB ranked ahead of my team, it's going up on a board  for all to see.

Batman there are several good teams in 6a, with Oakland and Murvil far superior to the rest there really isn't any contenders. The players, coaches, fans all know it's looming, and it seems right now whoever host wins. I will say this I knew Db would destroy Mo west so instead of listening to that game I picked Oakland vs Riverdale, I'm not saying Riverdale can beat Oakland in a rematch but that game was basically 9-7 then a broken play right before halftime broke the game open, the rematch could be very interesting between them 

35 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

What if Maryville and Oakland both have Covid situations once the playoffs start.....  What would be DB's probability of getting to Cookeville?

17 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Batman there are several good teams in 6a, with Oakland and Murvil far superior to the rest there really isn't any contenders. The players, coaches, fans all know it's looming, and it seems right now whoever host wins. I will say this I knew Db would destroy Mo west so instead of listening to that game I picked Oakland vs Riverdale, I'm not saying Riverdale can beat Oakland in a rematch but that game was basically 9-7 then a broken play right before halftime broke the game open, the rematch could be very interesting between them 

Nomatter where those 6A teams in east Tennessee are placed in the playoffs,you have to beat the team in front of you first . Maryville is where all roads lead but if you can't get past the other teams, Maryville won't matter.After that, Maryville or the upset team of the world will have to beat a super team  before thinking about a championship game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

What if Maryville and Oakland both have Covid situations once the playoffs start.....  What would be DB's probability of getting to Cookeville?

Just seen you post,I would then go by my last post.If you can't beat the other teams, Maryville or Oakland wouldn't matter.

1 minute ago, BatmanDB said:

Just seen you post,I would then go by my last post.If you can't beat the other teams, Maryville or Oakland wouldn't matter.

But what I'm wondering is if Maryville/Oakland were hypothetically eliminated due to Covid so that DB would not have to play either one, then how does the Tribe stack up against the rest of 6A in order to get to Cookeville?

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

But what I'm wondering is if Maryville/Oakland were hypothetically eliminated due to Covid so that DB would not have to play either one, then how does the Tribe stack up against the rest of 6A in order to get to Cookeville?

Well,DB couldn't beat an average team last week so I'd have to check back after three playoff wins.Plus ,who is to say Covid doesn't hit home first or the whole state .I wouldn't count anything as a sure bet right now .