South Pittsburg vs Copper (Grider against this Grabowski man)

Roy Dillard

18 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

The anno domini era, or the common era, begins with year 1 on the Gregorian calendar. By that same logic, the first decade in the calendar was complete at the end of 10 CE, or 10 AD. Which means, according to the Farmers' Almanac, that the end of this decade is December 31, 2020. 2010 was the end of the last decade. But either way, it has been 10 years since a gold ball has been in the Beene.

South Pittsburg has a streak of being the only school to play in a state title game at least once in every decade so at least that’s intact. 

53 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Are you saying SP is on the same level as Alcoa and Murville? CB should not be a problem this year for you folks, but on occasion, they have been a thorn. Pirates got one last chance to get one for this decade otherwise it will be just like the 70's and 80's - good, but not guud enuf.

I will get the crayolas out like I am speaking to a Bridgeport Tiger.  What he was indicating is that is Copper Pan's only chance of winning. :lol:

Edited by rlh

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Really? I must have missed that one. 

Yep.  The were both open.  They got a Ga team that flaked at the last minute after all that.  It was during that Jasper, Red Bank cancellations and bye stretch.

Edited by rlh

9 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Are you saying SP is on the same level as Alcoa and Murville? CB should not be a problem this year for you folks, but on occasion, they have been a thorn. Pirates got one last chance to get one for this decade otherwise it will be just like the 70's and 80's - good, but not guud enuf.

Lol, sp isn't anywhere close to that level, who is?  But, sp will walk to a title this year.  Mercy all thru the playoffs.  

13 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

I respectfully disagree. Scoring 70+ on whitwell and sale creek doesn't make you next level. Its not necessarily sp's fault but they have only played 1 competitive team this year and they got beat in that game. Hopefully that 1 game prepared them for how to react the next time they get challenged. Gordonsville will at least fight back. They played very good games vs Watertown and Trousdale.

I’m not a South Pittsburg fan but they are still figuring out where to put everybody and don’t even have their power back playing yet. When they get it clicking, nobody is going to come close to them. I’m talking double digits.

57 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

I respectfully disagree. Scoring 70+ on whitwell and sale creek doesn't make you next level. Its not necessarily sp's fault but they have only played 1 competitive team this year and they got beat in that game. Hopefully that 1 game prepared them for how to react the next time they get challenged. Gordonsville will at least fight back. They played very good games vs Watertown and Trousdale.

South Pittsburg hadnt played in 3 weeks when they Played Meigs County. I'm not gonna get into what would or wouldn't happen if they Played now. But Clicking like they are and the Amount of Talent and size and Speed on this Team. Nobody in 1 A will beat them IMO. I don't remember a 1 A Team with the Size, Speed and Talent.  I dont think South Pittsburg has even reached " Clicking " stage yet. When their Power Back is Healthy its gonna be very scary to come to South Pittsburg to Play. I agree it will be Mercy Rule until the semis IMO.