South Pittsburg vs Copper (Grider against this Grabowski man)

Roy Dillard

24 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I still say quarantine the sick, everyone else plays unless you start setting greater numbers. Then you drop back and punt.

Of course what I say doesn't matter. 

The problem is the dadgum tracing.We had 0 positive but they shut all down.Im like you quarantine the sick,but that's not the rule we have to go by.

55 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

How can they play?Once you quarantine its 14 days from the first day,believe me we KNOW!I cannot see them playing this game.

What was the first day, I forgot.  Seems like it was the 16th?? That would put it okay to play on the 30th, the day before the game.  With their starting QB AND their backup QB both out, I just don’t see them playing.  They do have a really good RB, but not being able to throw the ball it won’t open up the run as much.  I’m old school and say play ball even with just 1 day if practice and players out, but new school COVID ball gives folks an excuse to not play.  It might risk what little players they have left to getting hurt.  New school COVID ball says forfeit the game and get healthy for the playoffs.  Again, I’m old school

36 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

The problem is the dadgum tracing.We had 0 positive but they shut all down.Im like you quarantine the sick,but that's not the rule we have to go by.

I'm trying to remember, is this a TSSAA rule or suggestion? For some reason I'm thinking the TSSAA said that was their recommendation but it is up to the school district to decide how to handle it. I thought TSSAA only said the infected must quarantine. 

Did I dream that?

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

34 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

What was the first day, I forgot.  Seems like it was the 16th?? That would put it okay to play on the 30th, the day before the game.  With their starting QB AND their backup QB both out, I just don’t see them playing.  They do have a really good RB, but not being able to throw the ball it won’t open up the run as much.  I’m old school and say play ball even with just 1 day if practice and players out, but new school COVID ball gives folks an excuse to not play.  It might risk what little players they have left to getting hurt.  New school COVID ball says forfeit the game and get healthy for the playoffs.  Again, I’m old school

No matter what I'd always take a chance at a win than take a guaranteed loss. Jasper is the only ones that do that

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I'm trying to remember, is this a TSSAA rule or suggestion? For some reason I'm thinking the TSSAA said that was their recommendation but it is up to the school district to decide how to handle it. I thought TSSAA only said the infected must quarantine. 

Did I dream that?

Contact tracing is rule!Per Bernie Anyone around infected person more than 10 or 15 minutes must quarantine 14 days.Only suggestion was limiting fans.Believe me most all teams who have shut down is because of tracing.

Edited by orngnblk

38 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Contact tracing is rule!Per Bernie Anyone around infected person more than 10 or 15 minutes must quarantine 14 days.Only suggestion was limiting fans.Believe me most all teams who have shut down is because of tracing.

Ok, I couldn't remember if it was the rule or recommendation the way it was handled. I figured I was just dreaming.

Dang it.

The game is on as scheduled as of now for 7:00 at Beene Stadium. Also on the contact tracing. There is not a state wide rule that says the entire team has to quarantine. Contact tracing doesn’t necessarily get the entire team. Some teams around the state have routinely played games this year with 7,8,9,10 kids out and quarantined that week. Yes, some schools have just shut down the whole team because too many of their players would have been out. One coach I spoke with was going to have 14 kids out from his 32 man roster so they choose to shut it down for that reason. 

36 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

The game is on as scheduled as of now for 7:00 at Beene Stadium. Also on the contact tracing. There is not a state wide rule that says the entire team has to quarantine. Contact tracing doesn’t necessarily get the entire team. Some teams around the state have routinely played games this year with 7,8,9,10 kids out and quarantined that week. Yes, some schools have just shut down the whole team because too many of their players would have been out. One coach I spoke with was going to have 14 kids out from his 32 man roster so they choose to shut it down for that reason. 

Thanks for the information. 

6 minutes ago, elhosel said:

Pirates can pick the score on this one. Basin has a few good players but they haven't seen anyone as talented as the Pirates. I really figured the Cougars would dodge this beat down if they could, especially since it has no effect on the playoffs. 

I thought this was the region title game? Winner is first and loser is second?