Round 1: Oneida @ Hampton

Spike016

11 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Just not being able to field a on side kick. You would of smoked a pack of cigs that last 4 mins.  What was the stats for your game. 

Think we had like 300 yards to their 180, most of theirs came on 2 plays, Morgan kid was dangerous as a loaded gun. He can take it to the house, one heck of a punter also. You earn every yard you get against Oneida, it never changes.

3 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

My view from watching it was some bad officiating both ways just think Hampton looked like the overall better team. They didn't do what they needed to do to close out the game. They misused timeouts, made some questionable play calls, and didn't make the plays they needed to. 

I would say SG takes care of Rockwood next week and gets a shot at whoever wins the battle in Decatur.

I would say SG better hope Meigs makes some mistakes and Hampton comes to play because if SG has to come to Meigs I dont feel they have a shot.

You guys will be big favorites next week but we will come to play. Were not world beaters ,just a hard nosed Country team.

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think we had like 300 yards to their 180, most of theirs came on 2 plays, Morgan kid was dangerous as a loaded gun. He can take it to the house, one heck of a punter also. You earn every yard you get against Oneida, it never changes.

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sports/second-half-surge-sends-hampton-to-second-round/article_54ae74ba-2093-11eb-b5df-2772bf65b3e5.html

17 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

My view from watching it was some bad officiating both ways just think Hampton looked like the overall better team. They didn't do what they needed to do to close out the game. They misused timeouts, made some questionable play calls, and didn't make the plays they needed to. 

I would say SG takes care of Rockwood next week and gets a shot at whoever wins the battle in Decatur.

I would say SG better hope Meigs makes some mistakes and Hampton comes to play because if SG has to come to Meigs I dont feel they have a shot.

End the end good teams find away to win despite the adversity and coaching is a part of that.

Hampton’s the real deal!  I believe they will give Meige’s all they want and you never know, possibly more?  I may completely be wrong?  I have plenty of respect for both programs and it’s probably going to be a fantastic game to watch.  Have a blessed weekend my friend.

Edited by Romansfive8

6 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

End the end good teams find away to win despite the adversity and coaching is a part of that.

Hampton’s the real deal!  I believe they will give Meige’s all they want and you never know, possibly more?  I may completely be wrong?  I have plenty of respect for both programs and it’s probably going to be a fantastic game to watch.  Have a blessed weekend my friend.

SG did what they needed to do and they won the game, plain and simple. I'm fine with it, hope they win again next week.May not be as easy as soom might think.Rockwood has some talent themselves.

13 minutes ago, pujo said:

SG did what they needed to do and they won the game, plain and simple. I'm fine with it, hope they win again next week.May not be as easy as soom might think.Rockwood has some talent themselves.

When I made my picks I had picked HV over Rockwood.  I really thought if the real HV showed up they would make it a game and possibly get the w. HV has kinda been hit & miss this season. Rockwood always plays tough in the playoffs and I think that must have slipped my mind when I made my pick :roll:.   SG better not overlook anybody, and that goes the same for all teams that moved forward for the opportunity to play in round 2.  It’s time to put up or go home.  I’m looking forward to see how it all plays out.   I hope the GreenE Monster can get it done at AC and have another opportunity to play Betsy in the qtr.  Have a blessed weekend my friend.

Edited by Romansfive8