Ridiculous Contact Tracing Strikes Again!

sportsguy22

31 minutes ago, guthook said:

There are currently TSSAA high school athletes in ICU with COVID complications.  This isn't nearly as black and white as you're making it out to be.  I'm glad we're playing football, but I understand the caution as well. 

The fact that some of you think this is a fabricated virus is asinine btw.

Like FME said, where? Backup the comment. If this is the case then as a parent of a son who plays a contact sport I’d like to know. It would be good to know. Most of us can be objective. But without the knowledge how can we? Not many argues that it’s a thing. But to what level. That’s the dispute. 

27 minutes ago, guthook said:

There's a Knox County soccer player hospitalized.  It's all over social media.

The most recent update was they were UNSURE what caused her hospitalization, but think it could be a bounce back infection from when she had Covid a couple of weeks ago.  So they have been treating her for Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C).  She was placed on a ventilator for a day or so, but has since been removed.  Obviously, prayers go to this family!!!!

Edited by catsfever

6 minutes ago, catsfever said:

The most recent update was they were UNSURE what caused her hospitalization, but think it could be a bounce back infection from when she had Covid a couple of weeks ago.  

But, they're sure she had COVID and now she's in the hospital right? Honestly don't know many details personally.

Edited by guthook

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

State laws on sports are TSSAA laws. I called governors office about 2 weeks ago and spoke to two or three different people and all laws revert to the TSSAA 17 page bylaws that were adopted by TSSAA and the state of TN before football season. There is a whole lot more damage being done to kids by cancelling seasons than this virus. Mental anguish, depression not to mention the money it has cost families that their kids were on the fence of getting an athletic scholarship and not being seen by college coaches at state tournaments or playoff games. Schools are crossing the line and it is time for the BS to stop and I hope somebody gets smart and puts a stop to this excessive quarantine BS. It has gone to far. Hopefully after Tuesday this BS will be over.

You say that schools are crossing the line but it all comes down to the guidance given by the state.  15 min within 6 feet and it’s quarantine if someone was positive.  Exactly the same thing happens if it were a student and a classroom within the school.  In my area, the problems schools are running into is when they follow guidance, you have full grades and staff that are being quarantined because of 1 positive student case, or a teacher is quarantined and substitutes can’t be found so back to virtual is the only answer.  After that, not really much that can be done.  

Don’t throw everything on schools and say they are the ones to blame, because Lee and the health department sent out guidance to be followed.  I hate teaching virtual, I hate teaching hybrid, and I would much rather all kids get back in class, but as soon as we came back from fall break the guidance is what has gotten tons of teachers and students sent home.  The talk about getting an attorney baffles me.  Well we followed the state guidance.  Again, I really wish things were normal but schools hands are tied by the state department of education.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, formerblazer said:

You say that schools are crossing the line but it all comes down to the guidance given by the state.  15 min within 6 feet and it’s quarantine if someone was positive.  Exactly the same thing happens if it were a student and a classroom within the school.  In my area, the problems schools are running into is when they follow guidance, you have full grades and staff that are being quarantined because of 1 positive student case, or a teacher is quarantined and substitutes can’t be found so back to virtual is the only answer.  After that, not really much that can be done.  

Don’t throw everything on schools and say they are the ones to blame, because Lee and the health department sent out guidance to be followed.  I hate teaching virtual, I hate teaching hybrid, and I would much rather all kids get back in class, but as soon as we came back from fall break the guidance is what has gotten tons of teachers and students sent home.  The talk about getting an attorney baffles me.  Well we followed the state guidance.  Again, I really wish things were normal but schools hands are tied by the state department of education.

I don’t know what is going on in the classroom. I heard some of kids are to get up in the classroom and walk around every 12 minutes or so. I am saying if teams are getting quarantined and possibly losing their seasons over a school being excessive and just quarantining players they need to have it thrown back at them. These kids don’t deserve to lose seasons that are completely healthy. TSSAA quarantining laws say 15 minutes within 6 feet. All I am saying is this stuff has to stop and can’t be the norm. Just can’t. The only way to stop this is for parents of athletes to fight back. The virus is not good as the flu is not good, but this stuff can’t control lives and ruin kids sports careers. What other option does a kid have?? Sooner or later they have to fight back.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t know what is going on in the classroom. I heard some of kids are to get up in the classroom and walk around every 12 minutes or so. I am saying if teams are getting quarantined and possibly losing their seasons over a school being excessive and just quarantining players they need to have it thrown back at them. These kids don’t deserve to lose seasons that are completely healthy. TSSAA quarantining laws say 15 minutes within 6 feet. All I am saying is this stuff has to stop and can’t be the norm. Just can’t. The only way to stop this is for parents of athletes to fight back. The virus is not good as the flu is not good, but this stuff can’t control lives and ruin kids sports careers. What other option does a kid have?? Sooner or later they have to fight back.

There's not going to be a school go against the CDC no matter what parents do. If a kid gets sick and dies after a school doesn't follow CDC guidelines then everyone will lose their jobs.  No amount of parent hellraising will change that.

6 minutes ago, guthook said:

There's not going to be a school go against the CDC no matter what parents do. If a kid gets sick and dies after a school doesn't follow CDC guidelines then everyone will lose their jobs.  No amount of parent hellraising will change that.

CDC is not law it is guidelines. TSSAA and government made the laws. Lot more damage to these kids mentally and emotionally losing their sports careers than Covid.

Edited by pioneer42

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

CDC is not law it is guidelines. TSSAA and government made the laws. Lot more damage to these kids mentally and emotionally losing their sports careers than Covid.

If they don't follow the guidelines, they lose the lawsuit.  You do understand that right?  

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Your 12 minute scenario is not how it works.  It is 15 minutes during a certain time period, and the time period is during a 24 hour period.  You can't get up and walk around 12 minutes and get past the rule.  It isn't the school being excessive, it's the school following the guidance.  If you have an issue with something, it's with the administration and health department of Tennessee and in turn the CDC, not the schools.  TSSAA quarantining laws mean absolutely nothing, the State and Health Department rules are what will matter at the end of the day. Parents have been fighting back, but not one parent is going to get the health department to change their mind on quarantining/exposure rules.

Just imagine the news report of a football team who says "well we had them walk away every 14 minutes the entire day so it's fine, that one minute made all the difference."  It's just not a good look dude.  Schools, State, TSSAA, Health Department...zero fighting back against that when we have a worldwide pandemic with cases and exposure going up.  I wish we  were back to normal man, I really do, but you can't just point a finger and say "yeah it's the schools fault" when that isn't remotely true.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Your 12 minute scenario is not how it works.  It is 15 minutes during a certain time period, and the time period is during a 24 hour period.  You can't get up and walk around 12 minutes and get past the rule.  It isn't the school being excessive, it's the school following the guidance.  If you have an issue with something, it's with the administration and health department of Tennessee and in turn the CDC, not the schools.  TSSAA quarantining laws mean absolutely nothing, the State and Health Department rules are what will matter at the end of the day. Parents have been fighting back, but not one parent is going to get the health department to change their mind on quarantining/exposure rules.

Just imagine the news report of a football team who says "well we had them walk away every 14 minutes the entire day so it's fine, that one minute made all the difference."  It's just not a good look dude.  Schools, State, TSSAA, Health Department...zero fighting back against that when we have a worldwide pandemic with cases and exposure going up.  I wish we  were back to normal man, I really do, but you can't just point a finger and say "yeah it's the schools fault" when that isn't remotely true.

Players need to be online and get out of the schools during the season. Heard classrooms are getting quarantined even if a kid in the corner has it after a mask is worn and temperatures are checked and some kids hadn’t even been close to the one that had it. Schools have been excessive and have gone overboard with quarantining. All I am saying is at some point this needs to stop and don’t need to become the new normal. All I am saying is parents of athletes that are losing seasons need to push back. When does it stop?? Never?? Schools are scared of getting sued from a Covid case. They need to be worried about the liability of mental anguish and mental scars their decisions has on kids lives and the money it costs parents for athletic scholarships by their decisions. Liability works both ways. 

Edited by pioneer42