Ridiculous Contact Tracing Strikes Again!

sportsguy22

Schools are doing what they can. Everyone is taking caution to be safe. I would hope anyone with common sense could understand that. 

As far as having mental anguish and depression due to sports come on now. I am sure kids and coaches will be upset when their seasons come to an end, that is normal. And I'm sure some kids that are on the fence of getting a scholarship might be affected. But hey here is an idea, if your kid is on the fence tell him to improve his grades, do some volunteer work, etc to improve himself. 

This situation has affected us all. If you don't like how things are going in schools then pull your kid and homeschool him. Put him at a private school. There are always options that are proactive instead of just being negative. 

Good luck to those having the privilege of playing tonight. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Players need to be online and get out of the schools during the season. Heard classrooms are getting quarantined even if a kid in the corner has it after a mask is worn and temperatures are checked and some kids hadn’t even been close to the one that had it. Schools have been excessive and have gone overboard with quarantining. All I am saying is at some point this needs to stop and don’t need to become the new normal. All I am saying is parents of athletes that are losing seasons need to push back. When does it stop?? Never?? Schools are scared of getting sued from a Covid case. They need to be worried about the liability of mental anguish and mental scars their decisions has on kids lives and the money it costs parents for athletic scholarships by their decisions. Liability works both ways. 

If the objective of the students and parent is to protect sports no matter what, you are absolutely right.  I'm sure that coaches have highly suggested it as well, but that is a parent and student choice.  I know players who are absolutely thriving online, and then the opposite is true.  Some of these kids need face to face instruction, so again that is a parent and student choice.

All I know about a classroom like that is it would be true if you can not contact trace.  If no contact tracing can be done, the default guidance is to quarantine everyone.  Again, not a school choice, that is guidance from the state.  Which schools?  What is excessive?  Is this one instance, all instances, are all schools guilty based on your argument?  It's hard to make the point that it needs to stop when currently we are getting more positive cases every day.  Yes, I know that more testing is done etc etc, but until the state gives new guidance, schools are not going to budge for any form of liability.

Find me a lawyer who is going to take on the mental anguish and scars court case of an athlete losing their season when schools used the guidance given to them by the state government.  Not happening.  It's tough, and honestly probably until we see a vaccine and this becomes more like the flu will you see any normality return.  I can't wait until things return to normal, or much more normal.  Until then, state guidance, that's what schools are going to do, and nothing is going to change that.

5 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

If the objective of the students and parent is to protect sports no matter what, you are absolutely right.  I'm sure that coaches have highly suggested it as well, but that is a parent and student choice.  I know players who are absolutely thriving online, and then the opposite is true.  Some of these kids need face to face instruction, so again that is a parent and student choice.

All I know about a classroom like that is it would be true if you can not contact trace.  If no contact tracing can be done, the default guidance is to quarantine everyone.  Again, not a school choice, that is guidance from the state.  Which schools?  What is excessive?  Is this one instance, all instances, are all schools guilty based on your argument?  It's hard to make the point that it needs to stop when currently we are getting more positive cases every day.  Yes, I know that more testing is done etc etc, but until the state gives new guidance, schools are not going to budge for any form of liability.

Find me a lawyer who is going to take on the mental anguish and scars court case of an athlete losing their season when schools used the guidance given to them by the state government.  Not happening.  It's tough, and honestly probably until we see a vaccine and this becomes more like the flu will you see any normality return.  I can't wait until things return to normal, or much more normal.  Until then, state guidance, that's what schools are going to do, and nothing is going to change that.

All I am saying it is time for parents to quit being a doormat and letting Covid ruin sports careers and athletic scholarships because that is what it is doing which is a monetary loss. Schools have done a great job with precautions and they were needed but the overkill is not needed. These kids need to be playing ball and enjoying their lives. I personally think the odds of a school getting sued for a Covid case is very low and legislation was passed this summer to protect them. 

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

All I am saying it is time for parents to quit being a doormat and letting Covid ruin sports careers and athletic scholarships because that is what it is doing which is a monetary loss. Schools have done a great job with precautions and they were needed but the overkill is not needed. These kids need to be playing ball and enjoying their lives. I personally think the odds of a school getting sued for a Covid case is very low and legislation was passed this summer to protect them. 

Well honestly the way things were going in June, I figured maybe some masks, things are slowing down, we'll be back to normal 5 days a week.  As soon as July hit, everything blew up.  I was shocked at the 250 active cases in my area, now that is about 3000 in my local area, it's crazy.  I wish I had a clue what my school board is going to do, but it seems like a hybrid model is going to end up being the norm that a lot of districts go to.

22 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Well honestly the way things were going in June, I figured maybe some masks, things are slowing down, we'll be back to normal 5 days a week.  As soon as July hit, everything blew up.  I was shocked at the 250 active cases in my area, now that is about 3000 in my local area, it's crazy.  I wish I had a clue what my school board is going to do, but it seems like a hybrid model is going to end up being the norm that a lot of districts go to.

The virus will never go away. It's here to stay. Everybody on the planet will eventually get it, and a lot of people will get it more than once. The virus will weaken until peoples immune systems are able to fight it off. Much like the common cold. No I'm not a doctor or a scientist. But you can save this post for later and tell me I was right. 

24 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The virus will never go away. It's here to stay. Everybody on the planet will eventually get it, and a lot of people will get it more than once. The virus will weaken until peoples immune systems are able to fight it off. Much like the common cold. No I'm not a doctor or a scientist. But you can save this post for later and tell me I was right. 

I can't remember in the past 15 years where I told you you were wrong.

20 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You need to check your message here.  This is some of the softest stuff I've seen someone spew.  I don't think it's indicative of who you are.  I think you're just frustrated right now.   But if not, let's be really clear:  stop talking about mental anguish because a kid didn't get to play a game.  Parents say the same thing when they're kid gets disciplined, and I bet you'd laugh at them for that silliness. The legislation doesn't protect them if they're not following CDC guidlines btw.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, guthook said:

You need to check your message here.  This is some of the softest stuff I've seen someone spew.  I don't think it's indicative of who you are.  I think you're just frustrated right now.   But if not, let's be really clear:  stop talking about mental anguish because a kid didn't get to play a game.  Parents say the same thing when they're kid gets disciplined, and I bet you'd laugh at them for that silliness. The legislation doesn't protect them if they're not following CDC guidlines btw.  

21 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Schools are doing what they can. Everyone is taking caution to be safe. I would hope anyone with common sense could understand that. 

As far as having mental anguish and depression due to sports come on now. I am sure kids and coaches will be upset when their seasons come to an end, that is normal. And I'm sure some kids that are on the fence of getting a scholarship might be affected. But hey here is an idea, if your kid is on the fence tell him to improve his grades, do some volunteer work, etc to improve himself. 

This situation has affected us all. If you don't like how things are going in schools then pull your kid and homeschool him. Put him at a private school. There are always options that are proactive instead of just being negative. 

Kids will be affected more mentally by cancelling school and sports than they will be with this virus. They wear a mask and do temperature checks throughout school. Then someone gets it and they want to quarantine half the school. Their kids mom’s and dad’s lots of them work in factories side by side with people where people get it every day and they don’t quarantine co-workers and they are more apt to get it. Hiring a lawyer for mental anguish and liability for missed scholarships is no more silly than quarantining half the school and ball teams when one kid has a runny nose. Schools have a very liberal mentality. OK to take precautions but the eccessiveness needs to stop. Hopefully this media BS will end by Wed. morning. This political BS has been nothing more than to win an election. 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Kids will be affected more mentally by cancelling school and sports than they will be with this virus. They wear a mask and do temperature checks throughout school. Then someone gets it and they want to quarantine half the school. Their kids mom’s and dad’s lots of them work in factories side by side with people where people get it every day and they don’t quarantine co-workers and they are more apt to get it. Hiring a lawyer for mental anguish and liability for missed scholarships is no more silly than quarantining half the school and ball teams when one kid has a runny nose. Schools have a very liberal mentality. OK to take precautions but the eccessiveness needs to stop. Hopefully this media BS will end by Wed. morning. This political BS has been nothing more than to win an election. 

Your lack of objectivity here is stunning.  THEY'RE FOLLOWING CDC GUIDELINES.  

The things you're comparing aren't comparable.  As long as you thing this is political, rather than the deadliest outbreak since the spanish flu, you're not going to be able to see straight.   Keep on with the "we should sue because we missed a game."  In the meantime, I haven't seen any school quarantine half the school over one case.  That's an absolute fabrication.

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You are spot on!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I have a kid that has won a state championship and was in the last four last year in the state last year before cancelation and has graduated with a 4.0 GPA. Rock solid. Attitudes like yours this will be the new normal for years to come. Parents need to push back now. 

Pioneer I respect your position. However are you in a school building everyday? Is your child in a school building each day? Are you one who sets the CDC guidelines? Again schools are doing what they can under the guidelines set forth. What is there to push back on when these guidelines are put in place to protect students and school staff? I can tell you I get upset when a parent knowingly sends his child to school when the child is sick. Is that fair to my child? Is that fair to the other kids and teacher that will be around the kid? Now things are even more concerning because of Covid. Schools are following guidelines to protect students and school staff. How could anyone be against this.