Ridiculous Contact Tracing Strikes Again!

sportsguy22

On 10/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, pioneer42 said:

I am talking about athletes need to push back against quarantines. They are overstepping guidelines when it comes to quarantining. 6 feet for 15 minutes and they are wiping out whole classes athletes and whoever else. I understand it isn’t easy and respect that. All I am saying is you don’t cut off a whole arm if a finger is infected, you cut off the finger. I understand your job isn’t easy if you are a teacher and appreciate what teachers have done and I think the sports world has shown this stuff hardly affects kids. And let’s be honest, the football world has shown this virus is manageable while kids are playing ball and yes kids are playing ball with Covid. Let’s be realistic here. If college players has it, HS players do too and it hasn’t been a problem. Time for a lot of this to end and get back to normal. Hopefully Wed. morning the tide turns. Let’s always be careful and take precautions yes but let’s don’t ruin kids lives over this. 

Where do you think it ends if they refuse to quarantine?  TSSAA finds out and it's a forfeit. You're getting a bit irrational here.

And you're rallying, it's fake and will end tuesday night cry.  So fare thee well.

44 minutes ago, guthook said:

Where do you think it ends if they refuse to quarantine?  TSSAA finds out and it's a forfeit. You're getting a bit irrational here.

And you're rallying, it's fake and will end tuesday night cry.  So fare thee well.

Schools are quarantining kids that are not even close to other kids. This nonsense needs to stop. If this wasn’t an election year, kids would have never missed a beat. 

T

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Schools are quarantining kids that are not even close to other kids. This nonsense needs to stop. If this wasn’t an election year, kids would have never missed a beat. 

That's not even true.   If they quarantined, they had to.  You think schools don't want to win at Football? 

Pull your tinfoil hat off already.  And try not to fabricate any more falsities with no proof while you're at it.

6 minutes ago, tubthumper said:

THE GAME OF FOOTBALL ITSELF IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE VIRUS. MORE KIDS GET KILLED AND PARALYZED EVERY YEAR PLAYING FOOTBALL THAN HAVE DIED FROM THE VIRUS. I understand that they could give it to parents, but they go home everyday regardless. These kids are not social distancing outside of school anyways. 

111 deaths under the age of 15, so that's definitely not true.  More lies and Mendacity.

38 minutes ago, guthook said:

111 deaths under the age of 15, so that's definitely not true.  More lies and Mendacity.

Compare that to “accidents” among teenagers. Not saying this virus is not a thing but let’s be realistic. I know people that have had it and I know people that have passed away that the virus may be the cause of it. You will never make me believe it is any worse than the common flu. We have a lot bigger issues to deal with when it comes to teenagers than Covid. The mental health of these kids being quarantined and being forced to go online is what concerns me. Hopefully Knox County Schools will release a report on grades in regards to in-person and virtual. Would love to see that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, guthook said:

Varsity football age is 15-18 with the rare 14 year old getting playing time. Always best to compare apples to apples. Covid will be way down the list for that group. 99+% of anyone in that age group who died from Covid wouldn't be healthy enough to play football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

West just got hit with it.  They will have a few key players out for 2 weeks.  Wont hurt them this week vs Lenoir City, but it may in the 2nd round when they potentially will Play Powell.  I think this contact tracing is a bunch of BS....IMO

They've had 7 players out for two weeks anyway... Who's out now?