Ridiculous Contact Tracing Strikes Again!

sportsguy22

40 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Pioneer I respect your position. However are you in a school building everyday? Is your child in a school building each day? Are you one who sets the CDC guidelines? Again schools are doing what they can under the guidelines set forth. What is there to push back on when these guidelines are put in place to protect students and school staff? I can tell you I get upset when a parent knowingly sends his child to school when the child is sick. Is that fair to my child? Is that fair to the other kids and teacher that will be around the kid? Now things are even more concerning because of Covid. Schools are following guidelines to protect students and school staff. How could anyone be against this. 

I am talking about athletes need to push back against quarantines. They are overstepping guidelines when it comes to quarantining. 6 feet for 15 minutes and they are wiping out whole classes athletes and whoever else. I understand it isn’t easy and respect that. All I am saying is you don’t cut off a whole arm if a finger is infected, you cut off the finger. I understand your job isn’t easy if you are a teacher and appreciate what teachers have done and I think the sports world has shown this stuff hardly affects kids. And let’s be honest, the football world has shown this virus is manageable while kids are playing ball and yes kids are playing ball with Covid. Let’s be realistic here. If college players has it, HS players do too and it hasn’t been a problem. Time for a lot of this to end and get back to normal. Hopefully Wed. morning the tide turns. Let’s always be careful and take precautions yes but let’s don’t ruin kids lives over this. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

Your comparing completely different circumstances here. 

What are the athletes going to push back against when the guidelines are set for all levels. Pro teams getting shut down, colleges, and yes high school. I think most are just glad to be playing period. 

Are some athletes playing with Covid. I'm sure they are. But at the professional and collegiate levels they are being tested. Look at the Titans, Wisconsin, TL of Clemson. The difference is high school kids and teams don't have the resources to do that across the board. So you must follow guidelines to be as safe as possible. 

Let's just agree to disagree. We see things differently. That's okay. Again, are you in a school building with students every day? Is your child in a school building every day? If not that is probably why you see things the way you do. If you are then you and your school or your child's school must be very blessed to be healthy and be around others that are all healthy. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Your comparing completely different circumstances here. 

What are the athletes going to push back against when the guidelines are set for all levels. Pro teams getting shut down, colleges, and yes high school. I think most are just glad to be playing period. 

Are some athletes playing with Covid. I'm sure they are. But at the professional and collegiate levels they are being tested. Look at the Titans, Wisconsin, TL of Clemson. The difference is high school kids and teams don't have the resources to do that across the board. So you must follow guidelines to be as safe as possible. 

Let's just agree to disagree. We see things differently. That's okay. Again, are you in a school building with students every day? Is your child in a school building every day? If not that is probably why you see things the way you do. If you are then you and your school or your child's school must be very blessed to be healthy and be around others that are all healthy. 

All I am saying is the rules are the rules. If a kid is not within 6 feet for a 15 minute span they don’t need to be quarantined. That is TSSAA rules and government rules for athletes, 17 pages These are the guidelines for athletes playing sports. Schools are being excessive and quarantining the way they want to is what I am saying. I have heard. If I had a kid that was getting quarantined that didn’t meet that criteria I would hire an attorney. That is what I am saying. If you got a problem, I really could care less. Schools like to do what they want to anyway. All I am saying is they need to back off a little or it may backfire on some schools.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

I'm not arguing the rules at all. I actually thought you were by your posts. Now I see you are arguing the enforcement of the rules. All I know is from my own experience and what I have heard from others. I know where I live the 6ft for 15 minutes is what they go by. I know the area where I work is the same. Not honestly sure what others do but I would think if they shut a team down they feel like it's the best thing to do. 

On 10/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, sportsguy22 said:

In this strange and absolutely nonsensical year with nutty protocols, they may have to opt for this unfortunately. Kids are already getting crushed emotionally with these decisions by genius leaders. In this crazy situation, all options must be on the table. Sad but true.

Know what your saying. It is happening. Lot of these “genius leaders” are like Cooper of Nashville and obviously lean heavy to the left. 

22 minutes ago, District12AA said:

New CDC guidelines now state you will be quarantined when you have 15 minutes of exposure over a 24 hour period.

Hopefully this nonsense ends Tuesday Night. It is dangerous to seniors I agree. Kids are getting lives ruined when there more apt to die walking across the road than Covid. Governors office told me the 17 page TSSAA  by laws were the law. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:37 PM, ecu said:

If kids are healthy they should play! Contact tracing is just a means to control people. Sick of all this stupidity.

I agree and a lot of these leaders are liberals and control freaks and listen to CNN non stop and just quarantine to quarantine. Reason I say athletes  and there families need to organize and go to board meetings and push back because kids are getting punished for a disease that is less threatening than the flu to them. Mine has done got the shaft and ended her HS basketball career and many more it is happening to. 

• Like 1