AAA outlook

fooseball95

11 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

The only tournament I've heard anything about is catholic invitational. They said they were trying to do two separate individual tournament weaker teams on Friday and tougher teams on Saturday since most schools aren't being allowed to do 2 day tournaments.

So if that’s the case, for these schools, will they make an exception if they qualify kids to the state tourney? Will they participate in the regionals and forfeit at state? 

Edited by GoTNwrestling

3 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

So you are for sure saying top 9? Where are your placers gonna be for that to happen? You have one returning placer and nobody else was even close. Or are you gonna claim to be the 9th best team when you go two and out at state team duals?

At least we have a returning placer. Sending as many underclassmen as we did last year, I believe we'll be fine this year.

Edited by JSamson7

8 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

At least we have a returning placer. Sending as many underclassmen as we did last year, I believe we'll be fine this year.

I hope your team is able to reach the potential you see in them. It is so devastating for a coach to see so much potential that does not come to fruition not only for their success but for their kids success they have invested so much time into them. Good luck to your team and all the teams this year! 

Edited by GoTNwrestling

16 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

I hope your team is able to reach the potential you see in them. It is so devastating for a coach to see so much potential that does not come to fruition not only for their success but for their kids success they have invested so much time into them. Good luck to your team and all the teams this year! 

This year will be successful no matter what, but we'll be fine. However, "devastating" is not the word I'd use in this case (especially since very few are giving us a chance). Devastating to me would be like interviewing for a dream job only to get turned down and learn later that I had one of the worst interviews ever.

9 hours ago, silverpie said:

Any word on where the state tournament will be? The Free Press is reporting that the Ag Expo will be unavailable due to being used for either testing or vaccine distribution re: COVID.

I have been told of two scenarios:

1.  Municipal Auditorium in Nashville.  Not sure that this is a possibility due to the mayor of Davidson County having most everything closed.

2.  splitting the D1 & D2 tournaments.  It is my understanding the D2 schools have ask for the tournament to be moved to the new MBA arena, McCallie or Father Ryan.  

Who knows what will happen.

9 hours ago, silverpie said:

Any word on where the state tournament will be? The Free Press is reporting that the Ag Expo will be unavailable due to being used for either testing or vaccine distribution re: COVID.

Wherever it is held im assuming aaa will be a two day tournament with the new rule allowing 6 matches a day during the postseason.

On 11/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, JSamson7 said:

This year will be successful no matter what, but we'll be fine. However, "devastating" is not the word I'd use in this case (especially since very few are giving us a chance). Devastating to me would be like interviewing for a dream job only to get turned down and learn later that I had one of the worst interviews ever.

JSamson7, what team do you represent and support?

16 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Nothing sneaky. I just appreciate a man who supports his team that hard. Actually admire it. I support 2 teams hard, graduated and wrestled for Johnson City Science Hill 1972 and Greeneville High School a program that I started in 1978.

I support all of Tennessee wrestling, but I pull the hardest for the East TN kids. Having lived in the Mid State, Knoxville area (Maryville) and Chattanooga I've been lucky to see how the best in each area got to where they're at. All of the relationships I formed at UTC have helped me stay involved with the sport over the years, but Tennessee will always be near and dear to me.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 9:54 PM, JSamson7 said:

I support all of Tennessee wrestling, but I pull the hardest for the East TN kids. Having lived in the Mid State, Knoxville area (Maryville) and Chattanooga I've been lucky to see how the best in each area got to where they're at. All of the relationships I formed at UTC have helped me stay involved with the sport over the years, but Tennessee will always be near and dear to me.

Anonymity online is fun, right Jason?