Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

Okay last thing I'm going to say..if the TSSAA decides that DB can't go on on the playoffs for any reason, it will be a travesty..DB has done nothing wrong in this situation..they were warming up on the field ready to play with no covid positive tests when they found out other team got a call that a player tested positive. Then the government offices get involved and all heck breaks loose. Seems to me that it wouldn't take too long for whatever paperwork the TSSAA needed could of got done Saturday morning and if it was Mcminn had done nothing wrong the game could've been played Saturday night. Don't tell me it could not of been done Saturday morning if they really wanted it to. If TSSAA rules Db can't advance then Bernard Children's needs to come himself to tell them why they can't advance even though done nothing wrong

Edited by mikeslau
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikeslau said:

Okay last thing I'm going to say..if the TSSAA decides that DB can't go on on the playoffs for any reason, it will be a travesty..DB has done nothing wrong in this situation..they were warming up on the field ready to play with no covid positive tests when they found out other team got a call that a player tested positive. Then the government offices get involved and all heck breaks loose. Seems to me that it wouldn't take too long for whatever paperwork the TSSAA needed could of got done Saturday morning and if it was Mcminn had done nothing wrong the game could've been played Saturday night. Don't tell me it could not of been done Saturday morning if they really wanted it to. If TSSAA rules Db can't advance then Bernard Children's needs to come himself to tell them why they can't advance even though done nothing wrong

No matter how bad the TSSAA is, surely the man shouldn't have to send his children out to explain things. ☺️

3 minutes ago, AmericanSniper said:

Your comments are based upon RUMORS! Just like you mentioned in your post.

Your right and I plainly stated that they were rumors that I had heard and didn't know of they were true or not!  If you are so adamant that they are" WRONG! "Which is how your responded with a one word response.What are YOUR thoughts because obviously you think you know more than I do and you know the whole story since you are 100% sure I'm wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Utvols21141 said:

Your right and I plainly stated that they were rumors that I had heard and didn't know of they were true or not!  If you are so adamant that they are" WRONG! "Which is how your responded with a one word response.What are YOUR thoughts because obviously you think you know more than I do and you know the whole story since you are 100% sure I'm wrong. 

Nothing is 100% unless I say so. 

• Like 2

This I do know. There is no way in heck that DB will not advance. Right it down, take a picture of it...this is going to happen. No fault of either program and no fault of any individual that has occurred over the last 4-5 days. It’s unfortunate as McMinn doesn’t have teams like this but about every 20 or so years. 
Ive said it before. This is unprecedented times so make an unprecedented decision to play on Monday evening and push the 3rd round game back to Saturday night. Bottom line let the kids determine the outcome on the field as I’m sure both teams are willing to do.

Edited by AmericanSniper
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AmericanSniper said:

This I do know. There is no way in heck that DB will not advance. Right it down, take a picture of it...this is going to happen. No fault of either program and no fault of any individual that has occurred over the last 4-5 days. It’s unfortunate as McMinn doesn’t have teams like this but about every 20 or so years. 
Ive said it before. This is unprecedented times so make an unprecedented decision to play on Monday evening and push the 3rd round game back to Saturday night. Bottom line let the kids determine the outcome on the field as I’m sure both teams are willing to do.

I agree I hope that it does get played out on the field, but unfortunately I don't think this happens. What concerns me is the TSSAA can't even make a decision on this early Saturday morning or at the very latest Saturday evening and try to play Monday night. As of right now the options are so slim for either team to compete against each other and they will have to make a rash decision that should favor DB or at the worst case give Maryville another bye in the 3rd round. I would just like to know the real truth and why this game couldn't be played just like all the others that had covid issues.

• CoachT locked this topic