Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

My best guess is that a screwup happened somewhere on Friday night and the ruling will be that neither team advances, TSSAA is way more concerned with damage control than doing what's right

I would think TSSAA, ideally, would like to see the DB-McMinn played from a revenue standpoint.  If that is entirely out, do they want to lose the revenue from a Maryville QF game?

Bottom line is:

1) Coach Cagle is also the A D and should fully understand the contact tracing protocol 

2) The protocol, from everything that has been posted, was not followed. 

3) Sullivan County Health Dept did their job based on the information they had. 

I think the likely conclusion from the TSSAA is D B moves on. 

Edited by elhosel

2 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

This idiot thought mcminn  county is McMinnville  lmao

Sorry for blowing up this thread with a simple mistake. After typing McMinn Co. 150 times on various post I accidently typed McMinnville in (one) post I made. Apparently that (one) mistake has turned the whole world upside down. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Should've just played  i highly doubt either one of us will get passed  Maryville. I think its messed up that their health board or whatever gets to decide whose healthy in mcminn county after they just made  an almost 3 hour trip couldn't have they said something  before everyone from down here made that trip.  I know if I had came I would have been livid. Not everyone has the money to run back and forth.  If the game had been at mcminn it would have already been played.  

Well its possible they could have made that decision if they were notified before 6:05PM about it. But according to McMinn coach Cagle they found out at the same time. 

34 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Sorry for blowing up this thread with a simple mistake. After typing McMinn Co. 150 times on various post I accidently typed McMinnville in (one) post I made. Apparently that (one) mistake has turned the whole world upside down. 

It must be comparable to ( DB ) Dobyns Bennett is the same as (db)  Daniel Boone.I don't know,I had a step brother play college ball at Tennessee Wesleyan but unless it was marked by name on a map ,I couldn't point out many towns or counties far beyond Knoxville unless it was the bigger cities.Now ,my oldest that is a policeman is like a walking GPS any time I'm traveling .

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I got a few up votes because you were not 100% correct :thumb:

15 hours ago, AmericanSniper said:

Guys it really doesn’t matter because WE all know how this thing is going to play out. The TSSAA will award the win to DB and life marches on. 
I don’t agree with it as I believe they should play the game but that isn’t going to happen. DB gets the nod because McMinn is the small rural school with not much post season history and DB is the big boy on the block with the history and legacy. 
Stop the guessing and come to grip with the fact DB advances. I don’t like it but that’s what is going to happen and everyone on both sides knows it. Matter of fact everyone in the state of Tennessee knows what’s going to happen. 

So much speculation, lots of good posts using logic mixed with what little concrete info we have.  This post is just stupid however and contains none of the above mentioned.

30 minutes ago, Gradfan56 said:

Guys it really doesn’t matter because WE all know how this thing is going to play out. The TSSAA will award the win to DB and life marches on. 
I don’t agree with it as I believe they should play the game but that isn’t going to happen. DB gets the nod because McMinn is the small rural school with not much post season history and DB is the big boy on the block with the history and legacy. 

I’m a Dobyns Bennett alum and I’ll be the first to tell you we don’t have a great football history or legacy. Yeah we have guys in the NFL and more conference titles than you can count but we all know what really matters and we have 0 of those. 

Edited by Tribefan98

12 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

I’m a Dobyns Bennett alum and I’ll be the first to tell you we don’t have a great football history or legacy. Yeah we have guys in the NFL and more conference titles than you can count but we all know what really matters and we have 0 of those. 

I know what you mean by state championships in current format,but we have 6 state championships in the way they counted them when we won them. So don't tell me we don't have a good history or legacy.

9 minutes ago, mikeslau said:

I know what you mean by state championships in current format,but we have 6 state championships in the way they counted them when we won them. So don't tell me we don't have a good history or legacy.

I’ll rephrase my statement. No history or legacy in the past 60 years. 

• CoachT locked this topic