Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

Just now, osunut2 said:

You left one thing out  - you're assuming that all positive cases are coming from exposures while at school. What about off-site exposures? This is just one example, but in my office (where we require masks to be worn at all times), contact tracing estimates that just ~11% of our total positives were/are the result of on-site exposures.

Maybe, but when you have 18 positive student cases and 8 teachers, you may assume that it comes from the school.  I will admit I couldn't be positive it came from the school, but seems likely they passed it on.

7 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Maybe, but when you have 18 positive student cases and 8 teachers, you may assume that it comes from the school.  I will admit I couldn't be positive it came from the school, but seems likely they passed it on.

No doubt that the schools are just giant petri dishes. Every teacher would agree :)

Back in August/September, we all expected a deluge of positive cases in the schools. But in Knox County, that just didn't happen; there was a slight uptick just after Labor Day, and then everything settled out. That is obviously changing now, but I think that has to do with COVID fatigue somewhat. The longer this thing drags on, the more people are just saying f&*k it.

18 hours ago, VUTarheel said:

Is it WaCo or Whacko?  The reason this virus is not contained better than it is right now is because of people like you who favor conspiracy theories and in a irate information over facts and science. Constitutional rights?  Tell me just one of your rights that have been violated.  Good God, man, masks don’t protect you...they protect others from you.  And distance....are you kidding me?  
We’re finally getting some leadership that will listen to those who do know and understand science.

Roll Tribe

Trust the SCIENCE OR ELSE !!! LOL   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TnBear said:

Things area starting to make since with all the dilemma surrounding the Covid situation. Word on the street is the positive case was JH. Makes since with all the confusion surrounding it. 

Word is Jalen Hunt was the positive case. 

Word on the street is this is the walkthrough at DB the day before McMinn was to play up there:

HC: Guys, we can't stop Hunt.

Defensive Coach: Let's see if any of the players feel they can.

HC: Team, we have to stop Hunt, but it looks like we have no chance. Suggestions?

JV Kid in the back: Heck, he isn't anything special. My grandma can stop him!

Varsity players glare at the bold freshman.

HC: Now, son. You know he is fast. No way your grandma could get the job done.

JV kid: Well, she works at the Health Department...

Edited by Warrior1983

18 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You just accused the president of making this a political issue and then went on to make it a political issue yourself. You're so called leader came out and bashed the president "early on" for shutting down travel from China. You do know the virus came from China, right? So if "your leader" had been in charge "early on" half the country would be dead by now. I'm not suggesting you look in the mirror though. Probably no image there. Good luck to you in the future. You're going to need it.

You’re making up your facts.....and I would expect nothing different from you.  First, your President did not shut down all travel from China.  Check it out. Second, President-Elect Biden never opposed any travel restrictions and encouraged broad-based bans long before this administration. Check it out.  And third, your leader KNEW how deadly this virus was in FEBRUARY and hid those facts from the American people and, at the SAME TIME, repeatedly spread falsehood after falsehood about how the virus was going to magically disappear.  Check it out.  But I know you won’t check out anything that doesn’t support your cult views.

You’re being played.  Trump cares absolutely nothing about anyone or anything that can’t benefit him personally.  It is unbelievable that his minions can’t see this.  Or....maybe it’s not.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I base mask-wearing decisions on the advice of the esteemed Dr. Fauci, and he is on record as clearly stating that we all should......    oh, wait......

Fauciwewe once worked for Billygatty and also did the head guy over The Who and good possibility still do, follow the dollar sign.  99% of the time the truth is right in front of us all and we never even see it until the last minute and a lot of the time a minute tooo late.  It is easier to deceive someone than it is to convince them they’ve been deceived.  Trying to reason with someone that is unreasonable it’s like trying to administer medicine to a dead person.  

Edited by Romansfive8

• CoachT locked this topic