Playoffs - Round Two - Oak Ridge vs Rhea County

CardinalGrey

27 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I wanna see this Oak Ridge team come out fired up and ready to play.Every yr teams are different but this Oak Ridge team seems to be low energy.I know some people just carry themselves different but I would love to see this Oak Ridge team flying around and going 100 % from to 1st kick.Oak Ridge could roll in this game or lay a big egg.Time for 14 to get after it and play a good game.All the SRs need to step and be the leaders this team needs.Got my tickets and ready for Friday.As of today Im saying Rhea Co 27 Oak Ridge 13

Come on man!!!

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

OR has played stiffer competition throughout the year and hopefully that has prepared us well for this game. The injuries on the OL do worry me though.

I'm with you on both points Sweets. This game will be about line play, line play, LINE PLAY!  That's what I watch and I'm worried. It's not our strong suit and never has been so we can't afford injuries. Rhea County is always solid up front so you would expect it again this year especially since they're 10-1. If we can play with them upfront, the game belongs to OR!

4 hours ago, catswild said:

I'm with you on both points Sweets. This game will be about line play, line play, LINE PLAY!  That's what I watch and I'm worried. It's not our strong suit and never has been so we can't afford injuries. Rhea County is always solid up front so you would expect it again this year especially since they're 10-1. If we can play with them upfront, the game belongs to OR!

I agree, this will come down to line play but unfortunately the Eagles have been struggling a bit on the O line the last couple of weeks. Hopefully all the pieces will be back in place this week and the Rhea can get back to running the football and not put the majority of the game on the young QB and receivers.

6 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Rhea has got sum2prove  let's get it eagles . if you guys control the clock i think you guys will have a better chance then a shootout 

Agreed. The QB is a great player for a freshman, but Rhea County is still an offense that does better having long, sustained drives rather than quick scores. If Rhea can limit the turnovers and control the clock, I see them winning a low-scoring, close game 21-14. However, if the Eagles do like they did against Marion and Fulton, Oak Ridge could plaster us all over Eagle Stadium. The 'Cats are a much better team than either of those, and we cannot afford to turn it over four times for the third game in a row.

2 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Rhea has got sum2prove  let's get it eagles . if you guys control the clock i think you guys will have a better chance then a shootout 

Yep, that’s for sure. That’s the only way Rhea has a shot.

McMinn has sum2prove against DB. I think you guys will get that rematch with Maryville. 

2 hours ago, gulloern74 said:

Agreed. The QB is a great player for a freshman, but Rhea County is still an offense that does better having long, sustained drives rather than quick scores. If Rhea can limit the turnovers and control the clock, I see them winning a low-scoring, close game 21-14. However, if the Eagles do like they did against Marion and Fulton, Oak Ridge could plaster us all over Eagle Stadium. The 'Cats are a much better team than either of those, and we cannot afford to turn it over four times for the third game in a row.

Exactly! Also got to eliminate all the penalties - especially the offense. I know that’s part of having a young team but these guys are 11 games in and they got to clean that stuff up.

8 hours ago, RCfan said:

I agree, this will come down to line play but unfortunately the Eagles have been struggling a bit on the O line the last couple of weeks. Hopefully all the pieces will be back in place this week and the Rhea can get back to running the football and not put the majority of the game on the young QB and receivers.

The Oak Ridge Dline has one good player and no depth.The Oline will be down at least 2 starters.The Oak Ridge d is good but I dont think we have played an offense that runs anything like Rhea so who knows how they will do.This Oak Ridge offense is different from what most Oak Ridge offenses have been in the past.Unlike most years we dont score on the home run plays near as much.Seems to be longer drives and times like last week when we stall out and have to attempt FGs.Since K.Jackson has returned to his normal self the offense has been better.But the x factor that takes Oak Ridge up another level is when the QB Gibbons is playing good.If he is hitting Stewart and B.Heyward plus taking off and getting yards with his legs we look really good.Big ifs so anything could happen