Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

Unfortunately the kids in that county suffer from the "back in my day's " quagmire and egos that can't see past the river on each side. They should've built one high school along time ago and moved to 4A . They would be super competitive and be playing against natural rivals week in and week out! If you combined all those kids on one program it would be a force in 4A. No more playing both sides of the ball every snap , depth at every spot , and a stable of good high school football players year in and year out. It would also benefit every other sport and potentially add other sports as well i.e. track , wrestling , fishing, etc.. . Great people and kids in that county that deserve better!

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Rawheadnbloodybones said:

Unfortunately the kids in that county suffer from the "back in my day's " quagmire and egos that can't see past the river on each side. They should've built one high school along time ago and moved to 4A . They would be super competitive and be playing against natural rivals week in and week out! If you combined all those kids on one program it would be a force in 4A. No more playing both sides of the ball every snap , depth at every spot , and a stable of good high school football players year in and year out. It would also benefit every other sport and potentially add other sports as well i.e. track , wrestling , fishing, etc.. . Great people and kids in that county that deserve better!

I 100% agree with this. This is the best post on this thread. Everything you have said is very true. All sports would benefit from this and you could add multiple sports like you stated. Everyone would benefit and all teams would be super competitive and you would more than likely dominate your football region and baseball district considering the babe ruth team has made multiple runs deep in the tournaments. As a former Owl I would 100% be on board. I was on board as kid growing up and our teams when I was in school and even after I graduated could have multiple trips to cookeville. In all honesty all the push back comes from the big blue nation.

54 minutes ago, Rawheadnbloodybones said:

One of the most truthful statements on this thread. Not sure what the issue is and why it’s never passed, I’ve heard different things, but they would be a dominant school in just about every sport. People can’t let go of the way “things have always been” and create a better way for the generations ahead of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawheadnbloodybones said:

Could it be called Caney Fork High with an Eagle mascot and blue/gold colors. There are pros and cons and arguments on both sides.

27 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

Could it be called Caney Fork High with an Eagle mascot and blue/gold colors. There are pros and cons and arguments on both sides.

Again ( this is getting scary) I agree with oldsc7 and the last 3 post. The southside ( and some north side) have always opposed combining. Ive heard  smaller school is better -it  gives more kids a chance to play -  farther travel to a central located school as few reasons.

With a combine school the numbers may still be 3A-4A numbers- There would be many more sports to add - from SC high to Gordonsville is what,,,,5 -6 miles. And more up to date facilities /  classrooms instead of adding  / rebuilding every few years. I don't know what the cons would be. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Again ( this is getting scary) I agree with oldsc7 and the last 3 post. The southside ( and some north side) have always opposed combining. Ive heard  smaller school is better -it  gives more kids a chance to play -  farther travel to a central located school as few reasons.

With a combine school the numbers may still be 3A-4A numbers- There would be many more sports to add - from SC high to Gordonsville is what,,,,5 -6 miles. And more up to date facilities /  classrooms instead of adding  / rebuilding every few years. I don't know what the cons would be. 

If you look at with an open mind and take off whatever color glasses that people are wearing....you don't have cons. To me the only problem is where would they build and put the new school, and build a facility like at Watertown where everything is on campus. Add tennis, track, wrestling, build two gyms so both basketball teams can practice and don't have to share. Like someone said make the colors blue and gold (which looks really good IMO) you could keep both faculties in one building, add more dual credit classes, if certain groups are worried about losing their history have a Gordonsville hall and Carthage hall...you don't have to lose your history to make progress and change.

• Upvote 1