Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

39 minutes ago, JimmyJohnson said:

So is Dyer the guy??  

Well that is what we are speculating but from the three names I have heard having been on the same team as two of them. I hope it is Dyer or Frey. They grew up here played here and know the expectations even though those expectations are far fetched with this fan base they know them. They will have SC winning games outside the district and looking respectable again. 

34 minutes ago, oldsc7 said:

Well that is what we are speculating but from the three names I have heard having been on the same team as two of them. I hope it is Dyer or Frey. They grew up here played here and know the expectations even though those expectations are far fetched with this fan base they know them. They will have SC winning games outside the district and looking respectable again. 

I agree. I think either of the 2 would be a good fit IF they, the fans/school, will give them time to grow and learn. There will be some growing pains either way but with the state the program is in at the moment it’s not like they will be dropping off too far until they can get things turned around and be respected again. 

13 hours ago, JimmyJohnson said:

Who is the front runner DB18?

Looks like Dyer. He’s a good coach, so I’m in no way knocking the hire. My issue is the entire program is in shambles with Barry and his cronies trying to play AD. Murray got fired because he made someone mad, not because of win/loss; but everyone wants to sweep that under the rug. There’s an 800 pound gorilla in the corner that everyone is ignoring. 

15 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Looks like Dyer. He’s a good coach, so I’m in no way knocking the hire. My issue is the entire program is in shambles with Barry and his cronies trying to play AD. Murray got fired because he made someone mad, not because of win/loss; but everyone wants to sweep that under the rug. There’s an 800 pound gorilla in the corner that everyone is ignoring. 

Is the same guy in charge who made the basketball jumble a year or two ago?

If it's dyer smith made a great move in my opinion and im afraid a lot of other teams will find out a sleeping giant has been woke up. He's what players need a lot of these days and some will get a wake up call and what parents have to say will go in one ear and out the other cause he wants to win.

Edited by bigstick12