McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

4 minutes ago, TNVolFan2000 said:

Sorry - I read the letter and the contact tracing timeline request seemed odd to me.  Maybe I read it wrong 

I don't think you understand how the contract tracing is supposed to work. It goes back 48 hours prior to when to a positive test occurred. I'm guessing they didn't do that or they would have provided the documentation of it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TNVolFan2000 said:

Sorry - I read the letter and the contact tracing timeline request seemed odd to me.  Maybe I read it wrong 

Different places have different procedures. Some start contact tracing from the onset of symptoms. Some start 48 hours before the positive test. The latter is the more common, I believe, because it’s assumed someone would get tested when they first exhibit symptoms. 

22 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

LOL! Some of you people want DB to be involved in this so bad you can taste it.

I’m an Elizabethton fan. I don’t have a dog in this race. I just hate seeing this happening and fear what else could go wrong down the road. With cases surging, what if the Governor stepped in and shut everything down? Wouldn’t that be she poop! 

2 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I’m an Elizabethton fan. I don’t have a dog in this race. I just hate seeing this happening and fear what else could go wrong down the road. With cases surging, what if the Governor stepped in and shut everything down? Wouldn’t that be she poop! 

I agree with you 100% on that and it would be a shame for all the other teams not involved in this mess

2 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I'd say right now the way things are going there's a 50/50 chance it all gets shut down. There will be other teams that have to forfeit for sure. Before Friday gets here it could be DB, Betsy, Maryville, anybody.

1 minute ago, BigDaddyDave said:

And I wasn’t suggesting DB did this to advance. But, was bringing attention to the possibility of it happening in the future. I wish the letter would have shed light on the how and why the even came to be as well as the aftermath of the event.

1 minute ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'd say right now the way things are going there's a 50/50 chance it all gets shut down. There will be other teams that have to forfeit for sure. Before Friday gets here it could be DB, Betsy, Maryville, anybody.

I wish we could put these kids in a bubble but, they’re kids. I read that it was difficult for NBA players being in their bubble. Can’t imagine what effect it would have on a teenager!!!

36 minutes ago, TNVolFan2000 said:

The last test was negative.  I don't think that was the question.  The question was who was considered a close contact when he was ill on Tuesday.

One article i read stated from the state health dept (cant remember the doctors name) that the negative test was an antibody test. According to the doctor and CDC "an antibody test shouldnt be used to diagnose the virus because antibodies may not show up till after 7 to 14 days after Covid 19 is present" so in other words that negative test was as good as garbage

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, TNVolFan2000 said:

The last test was negative.  I don't think that was the question.  The question was who was considered a close contact when he was ill on Tuesday.

Last test was a blood test. Only test for antibodies. No way you build up any antibodies in two days. That test was useless. Unfortunately they all screwed the pooch

• Like 2

Dang folks, this wasn't the first COVID cancellation in the playoffs. Only difference was the others were notified before game time because the protocol was followed. Read between the lines a little, fault (imho) falls at one place. And Gov Lee made it clear back in the early spring that the state won't shut down games, that is solely up to the TSSAA. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I’m pretty sure the language I’m hearing from the governors office is keep pushing forward and the tssaa just wants all the money it can’t get by state championship..... then shut it all down