McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

14 minutes ago, Martymcfly said:

Hope you're right in relation to the Director of Schools.  If legal action is what it takes, I hope that's where it goes.  I've been trying to do all I can to make sure this doesn't just quickly fade away.

McMinn Coach Bo Cagle said “I hate this for our kids and community,” Cagle said in a statement. “The rules and protocols in McMinn County being used for exposure and quarantining all year for this situation were totally bypassed. New rules were evidently put into place for this situation and we have no idea why. I guess sports are a microcosm of life and it’s not fair. The kids and our community are deeply saddened by the way all of this unfolded.”

2 minutes ago, elhosel said:

Hunt is a tallent for sure, lot of respect for his work ethic and team play. He plays both sides of the ball and special teams. I figured someone besides Western Carolina would be calling him before signing period. 

Other than wanting to play closer to home at UTC or ETSU, I'm not sure he'll get a bigger offer than Western. I don't think he's big enough or fast enough for Power 5 football. Regardless, I hope he's being guided by someone using wisdom.

3 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

McMinn Coach Bo Cagle said “I hate this for our kids and community,” Cagle said in a statement. “The rules and protocols in McMinn County being used for exposure and quarantining all year for this situation were totally bypassed. New rules were evidently put into place for this situation and we have no idea why. I guess sports are a microcosm of life and it’s not fair. The kids and our community are deeply saddened by the way all of this unfolded.”

By the way Cagle words this, it seems that McMinn did not do what they were supposed to do and he is acknowledging bypassing the appropriate protocols what they have typically done.

Something always seemed fishy about the situation. By current contact tracing rules being within 6 feet for 15 minutes consecutively over 24 hours. If the player was, say an OL, like a center, it would be impossible to not have at least the Guards and maybe even the tackles identified as contacts, also the QB. It seemed to be that McMinn was trying to just isolate the one kid and not quarantine anyone else. The only position I feel like you could argue that isnt ever around other people for that kind of time is the kickers. They are always away from everyone at practice. 

My 2 cents. Not worth much, but seemed fishy. Someone correct me if they had actually quarantined kids because of it.

7 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

By the way Cagle words this, it seems that McMinn did not do what they were supposed to do and he is acknowledging bypassing the appropriate protocols what they have typically done.

I took it as him saying for this one situation the rules were changed from what they had been following.  That doesn't imply any wrong doing just that he feels that the rules changed.  I imagine if you asked 10 different school systems to detail out their process, you would get 10 different variations of how the guardrails have been applied.  Just like each state in the US, has handled this differently. 

Edited by TNVolFan2000

23 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Yes it was a very suspect situation and McMinn deserved to be able to play that game.

3 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Yes it was a very suspect situation and McMinn deserved to be able to play that game.

Yes, very unfortunate. McMinn was hoping for a rematch with Maryville, and they knew they'd have to beat a good D-B team to get that opportunity. 
It is what it is though, so they have to live with the results.