McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Bingo.

If I had to make a wild guess the I would say MCMINN (either school or HD) screwed up because otherwise I would have expected a lot more protest coming from down that way after DB was awarded the win.    But seeing as we are dealing with the TSSAA its anybody's guess, I could be way off base here

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

In yesterday's Athens newspaper there was an article explaining what transpired, according to the Director of McMinn County Schools, Lee Parkison: “Somebody is not telling the truth, and I don’t know what else to tell you, because we put out a statement ourselves with corroboration from the Tennessee Department of Health and McMinn County Schools,” Parkison said. “And we followed our protocols and processes to the letter. And after the contact tracing process, the requested information was turned over to the TSSAA. Because that’s exactly what we’re told. Somebody’s not telling the truth here. But I can promise you we’ve done our part.”

IMO - not good enough to just simply say: well I guess someone's lying and then just wash your hands of it.

I'm hoping he's not just simply washing his hands of it - I guess that remains to be seen.

8 minutes ago, Martymcfly said:

IMO - not good enough to just simply say: well I guess someone's lying and then just wash your hands of it.

I'm hoping he's not just simply washing his hands of it - I guess that remains to be seen.

I don't think the Director of Schools is washing his hands of it, but he is using discretion - which he should. The State Rep for McMinn County has been and still is looking into it. Basically, the TSSAA is saying "end of discussion" on the matter, so I'm not sure anything other than legal action will expose the truth going forward. 

Edited by blitzinbuc

Just now, blitzinbuc said:

I don't think their washing the Director of Schools is washing his hands of it, but he is using discretion - which he should. The State Rep for McMinn County has been and still is looking into it. Basically, the TSSAA is saying "end of discussion" on the matter, so I'm not sure anything other than legal action will expose the truth going forward. 

Hope you're right in relation to the Director of Schools.  If legal action is what it takes, I hope that's where it goes.  I've been trying to do all I can to make sure this doesn't just quickly fade away.

49 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

In yesterday's Athens newspaper there was an article explaining what transpired, according to the Director of McMinn County Schools, Lee Parkison: “Somebody is not telling the truth, and I don’t know what else to tell you, because we put out a statement ourselves with corroboration from the Tennessee Department of Health and McMinn County Schools,” Parkison said. “And we followed our protocols and processes to the letter. And after the contact tracing process, the requested information was turned over to the TSSAA. Because that’s exactly what we’re told. Somebody’s not telling the truth here. But I can promise you we’ve done our part.”

Is the Hunt kid a senior this year and if so where does it look like he may play at on the next level, kid has some wheels.

6 hours ago, Warrior1983 said:

Word is this is the walkthrough at DB the day before McMinn was to play up there:

HC: Guys, we can't stop Hunt.

Defensive Coach: Let's see if any of the players feel they can.

HC: Team, we have to stop Hunt, but it looks like we have no chance. Suggestions?

JV Kid in the back: Heck, he isn't anything special. My grandma can stop him!

Varsity players glare at the bold freshman.

HC: Now, son. You know he is fast. No way your grandma could get the job done.

JV kid: Well, she works at the Health Department...

Db couldve held him in check

• Like 1