McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

2 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

I disagree. McMinn County team was there to play. Sullivan County would not allow their team to play. So Sullivan County team forfeits. What am I missing?  

If that turns out to be true and DB has to forfeit because Sullivan County bungled it then I'd hate to be connected to the Sullivan County Health Dept. come Monday morning.

4 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

I disagree. McMinn County team was there to play. Sullivan County would not allow their team to play. So Sullivan County team forfeits. What am I missing?  

We are all missing info. They didnt cancel for no reason. I dont see how DB can lose based on the health department. The state dept and Tssaa were in on all this too. I dont see punishing DB kids for no reason. Nor do i see punishing Mcminn kids for no reason. I guess we will know monday

3 minutes ago, timcraw said:

We are all missing info. They didnt cancel for no reason. I dont see how DB can lose based on the health department. The state dept and Tssaa were in on all this too. I dont see punishing DB kids for no reason. Nor do i see punishing Mcminn kids for no reason. I guess we will know monday

Monday will be to late. If McMinn didn't violate the Covid rules and is forced to forfeit anyway then they are getting screwed. If they did or didn't violate the rules and DB is forced to forfeit then they are getting screwed even worse. So it's Saturday and all the powers that be already know the answer. If McMinn is clean there's no reason the game can't be played on Sunday.

This is a playoff game, loss or forfeit means the end of a teams season, I think whatever safety means are necessary, team testing etc. Should be employed to try to get this game played on Monday, then play the Maryville vs the winner next Saturday to give the winner an extra day of practice. I hope Covid doesn't win this round, but be safe and be sure.

20 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If that turns out to be true and DB has to forfeit because Sullivan County bungled it then I'd hate to be connected to the Sullivan County Health Dept. come Monday morning.

Its possible MCMINN screwed up and just didn't want to own it last night, but it seems far fetched that they could be that stupid.    But in any case the SCHD would make a great scapegoat for the T$$AA

What's very likely is that the gutless TSSAA will declare it a no contest, both teams are out, and Maryville gets a bye and extra week to rest, scout, and get ready for Oakland.  That way they don't have to make a tough decision, and help out one of the state darlings!  Don't be surprised with that result!!

1 hour ago, kingindian33 said:

So the players dad had negative test results at game , the player ate at Shoneys pre- game , yet the player tested positive Wed and practiced / or was around  the team prior ..... no matter what , is regulations set that anyone should be in Quarantine if a positive test is the outcome ? I'm not saying all the above is true , that just from several sources 

I'd just say we both forfeit and McMinn and DB play next weekend !

Which Shoney’s location?

Edited by VUTarheel
Misspelling