McMinn Co at Dobyns Bennett Decision on Monday

CoachT

The TSSAA regulations are lacking in direction in terms of how testing comes into play.   The school systems generally have guidelines that include how results of testing factor into the quarantine process.  

In the TSSAA regulations it states that a negative test can be used to allow entry on game day if a person appears to be sick (e.g. temp) so there would be no issue with entry. I'm assuming it would apply to a person who does not appear sick as well.

This situation shows the inadequacy of the guidelines on clear direction for a situation where a person has confirmation of a negative test.  Do we not trust a negative test in this situation but trust it in other situations? 

Sad situation all around. 

• Upvote 1

The DB athletic director said the Sullivan County Health Dept. made the call on cancelling the game. First time I've heard a definite word on who actually called it. Then he said "we have to collect all our information, all our data and send it to the TSSAA" and they will make a decision on Monday. That's a confusing statement. What information would DB have? Almost sounds like DB is the team with the Covid problem. So at this point we know the Sullivan County Health Dept. made the call, and we know McMinn had a Covid problem of some sort. Yet the TSSAA can't make a decision and DB has to send information and data to the TSSAA on Monday. As a DB fan I'm not liking what's cooking in the kitchen. 

46 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The DB athletic director said the Sullivan County Health Dept. made the call on cancelling the game. First time I've heard a definite word on who actually called it. Then he said "we have to collect all our information, all our data and send it to the TSSAA" and they will make a decision on Monday. That's a confusing statement. What information would DB have? Almost sounds like DB is the team with the Covid problem. So at this point we know the Sullivan County Health Dept. made the call, and we know McMinn had a Covid problem of some sort. Yet the TSSAA can't make a decision and DB has to send information and data to the TSSAA on Monday. As a DB fan I'm not liking what's cooking in the kitchen. 

It's my understanding that DB wanted McMinn to forfeit the game.  Why, if the SCHD only cancelled playing the game?

1 minute ago, Martymcfly said:

A small side issue with all this is shouldn’t we all get our money back for the tickets we bought?

I would think you should, even if the game is played at a later date. People that might have been able to attend Friday night may not be able to attend a game at a later date, if there is one.

So the players dad had negative test results at game , the player ate at Shoneys pre- game , yet the player tested positive Wed and practiced / or was around  the team prior ..... no matter what , is regulations set that anyone should be in Quarantine if a positive test is the outcome ? I'm not saying all the above is true , that just from several sources 

I'd just say we both forfeit and McMinn and DB play next weekend !

1 hour ago, TNVolFan2000 said:

The TSSAA regulations are lacking in direction in terms of how testing comes into play.   The school systems generally have guidelines that include how results of testing factor into the quarantine process.  

In the TSSAA regulations it states that a negative test can be used to allow entry on game day if a person appears to be sick (e.g. temp) so there would be no issue with entry. I'm assuming it would apply to a person who does not appear sick as well.

This situation shows the inadequacy of the guidelines on clear direction for a situation where a person has confirmation of a negative test.  Do we not trust a negative test in this situation but trust it in other situations? 

Sad situation all around. 

Excellent summation.  In defense of the TSSAA (forgive me, Lord) covering every scenario or situation in a guideline could be volumes and volumes of pages, and would have to be approved by local Health Departments (where the game is played) since different county Health Departments may have different guidelines. I just hope the teams get to play, but scheduling that with respect to the 3rd round games will be another issue.

5 minutes ago, Martymcfly said:

A small side issue with all this is shouldn’t we all get our money back for the tickets we bought?

I know it's a legit question but for some reason I found it somewhat less important considering all that's on the line.I can imagine someone saying it was a donation and not refundable and just trying to find the right lie to answer with at this point.