Pearl-Cohn at Stewart County TSSAA State Quarterfinals

BoardHater71

15 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I used to teach and coach (two sports) at Stewart County.  I made so many great memories with so many wonderful people from the Dover community.  Leaving SCHS was without question the hardest career decision I had to make.  I am very happy where I am now and love the kids that I'm able to teach and coach (same two sports).  It was great to see old friends the other night and it was great to see the kids make history on the football field at SCHS.  It is without question the most excited I've seen a sports atmosphere at SCHS and the people there are loving every moment of this run.  Our run to the TSSAA State Baseball Tournament in 2018 was unforgettable.  The 2020 football team's run to the TSSAA State Quarterfinals is just as memorable.  

In my experiences as a coach when something like this happens the more you attempt to "make sense of it" the "less sense it actually makes."  Sometimes in sports teams just go on unbelievable runs and accomplish extraordinary feats where the seemingly impossible becomes a reality.  Look at the 2018 Stratford team.  They were a 2-8 team that barely made the playoffs (thanks to Giles County having to forfeit their entire season at the end of the year).  They won a playoff game at Camden where Camden really handed them the game (LITERALLY) on two occasions at the end of the contest.  They followed that game up by beating the Region 5-3A Champion Pearl-Cohn and the Region 6-3A Champion Fairview in consecutive weeks.  Then in the State Semifinals they took the Region 7-3A Champion Covington to OT before finally bowing out.  

CoachT SOS Rankings, unapproved website, Sonny Moore Ratings, Massey Ratings, Associated Press Polls, Etc. are great for conversation throughout the year.  At the end of the year though the poster that used Nick Saban's quote from last year was spot on.  When it comes to actually stepping between the lines and running, blocking, tackling, and being disciplined those metrics are all "Rat Poison" and will give a team false confidence faster than anything.  

Pearl-Cohn is a heavy favorite.  They are going to be favored to beat anyone in 3A football with the exception of Alcoa.  I would probably go as far as to say that they would be favored to beat 90% of 4A and 5A teams statewide.  Coach Brunetti and his coaching staff have built a powerhouse.  I know that the players and coaches at Stewart County are ecstatic to take their shot at the Firebirds this week.  

I feel you Stewart County turn around is remarkably!!

4 minutes ago, thefootballguru said:

One of the worst threads I’ve seen smh. How racist can you be against some kids! Stewart County has had a great run and I look for them to have a fantastic game plan. Is PC the better team Absolutely and I expect them to win by 4 TDs but they have some great and respectful kids! 

Both teams are well coached and have great kids.  I agree 100%.