Davidson vs USJ, Battle of the Ursidae vol. 4

Bellsburg2

Getting there is great and I know.  I was a senior on the '98 USJ team that got blown out by Trousdale Co(their '97 and '98 state championship teams may be the best 1A teams of all-time).  It was one of the greatest moments of my life.  However, I think just getting there is turning old.  0-7 in state title games is just plain bad at this point.  You always want to beat the best but with DA moving up in classification, you take the cards you are dealt(and do not complain!)!  3 more years to try and win it all before they classify again!

26 minutes ago, Bruin6311 said:

Turning point of the game may be the "catch" and fumble before half by USJ.  Should have been an incomplete pass but instead leads to a TD by Davidson right before half.  So instead of at least a 21-19 game at half, it should have been at worst 21-12, if not 28-12(assuming USJ scores on that drive).  

Plus, I am tired of hearing these announcers talking about how Davidson did not bring their A game in the first half.  Wait, what?  USJ played exceptional defense and killed themselves with turnovers or the score would have been worse.  Give the Bruins some credit for that!

In the NFL, that’s an incomplete pass. In High School, that’s a catch. The turn from the receiver was a “football move” and made that a catch. However, I couldn’t tell if the ball was bobbled or not. Just going based off body movement

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In the NFL, that’s an incomplete pass. In High School, that’s a catch. The turn from the receiver was a “football move” and made that a catch. However, I couldn’t tell if the ball was bobbled or not. Just going based off body movement

One score wouldn’t have mattered. Granted there was 4 turnovers, it was all DA in the second half. 

Congratulations to DA!  I’ve said this before and I mentioned this last year.  USJ is a front runner.  When a team like DA brings this kind of physicality for 4 quarters, USJ  will eventually fade.  I don’t understand why, but they just can’t seem to play 4 solid quarters when it truly matters.  DLThis game was never in doubt.  Knowing Quinn, he may very well of played it that way.  

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I guess you could look at it this way, DA will be gone next season and USJ will not have to play them. 

Also, I have heard that DA is not a very friendly place to visit. I have never been , but I have heard that from several different people. 

Maybe you should experience for yourself instead of assuming. But good luck next year. Maybe y’all wont have to be runner ups anymore with us gone

Edited by Jtown37080
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Good game. The turnovers hurt but bottom line DA was just the better team. USJ left it all on the field which is all you can really ask. Hard to believe we're 0-8 in these things! I'd say we're due for a winning streak now. Congratulations to DA on the three peat!

USJ will start their run of winning ChampionshipS next year.  You can book it!  

2 hours ago, Bruin6311 said:

Turning point of the game may be the "catch" and fumble before half by USJ.  Should have been an incomplete pass but instead leads to a TD by Davidson right before half.  So instead of at least a 21-19 game at half, it should have been at worst 21-12, if not 28-12(assuming USJ scores on that drive).  

Plus, I am tired of hearing these announcers talking about how Davidson did not bring their A game in the first half.  Wait, what?  USJ played exceptional defense and killed themselves with turnovers or the score would have been worse.  Give the Bruins some credit for that!

Not saying one way or another I haven't got to watch yet but the USJ radio announcers agreed it was a catch and fumble